New Iraqi government buys Chinese arms

CSmaster

Banned
Chinese made weapons and body armors in use by the new Iraqi police and troops
The new Type 56-2 assault rifles and body armors must be from the recent 40 million USD orders placed by new Iraqi government for its police and troops. Noticing the brand new Type 56-2 rifles with its short folding stocks and cheap orange colored plastic parts. Can't complaint too much when they only paid around $100 each and got them delivered almost rightaway.

http://www.anyboard.net/gov/mil/anyboard/uploads/20052221834559.jpg
http://www.anyboard.net/gov/mil/anyboard/uploads/20052221810511.jpg
http://www.anyboard.net/gov/mil/anyboard/uploads/200522211122889.jpg

type 56 is pretty much Chinese-made ak-47, it is nearly gone in regular PLA forces (they use type 81 or 95 or 97 now), and militia forces seem to use type 56 now, it is very cheap to make, and pretty reliable

100$ is pretty cheap i think. How much costs a M16 ?

Our actual rifle, the HK G36, costs around 600 Euro (but this price is for the german army only, export will be more expensive i think).

But why imports Iraq weapons ? I thought they have masses of weapons hidden everywhere in the country. Some months ago i saw in the news US soldiers destroying iraqi ak-47's there found somewhere in a bunker.

Macoy said:

Our actual rifle, the HK G36, costs around 600 Euro (but this price is for the german army only, export will be more expensive i think).

But why imports Iraq weapons ? I thought they have masses of weapons hidden everywhere in the country. Some months ago i saw in the news US soldiers destroying iraqi ak-47's there found somewhere in a bunker.

Yeah, why do coalition troops destroy weapons instead of giving them to the Iraqi Army or police? The same goes for Afghanistan.

Mohmar Deathstrike said:
Macoy said:

Yeah, why do coalition troops destroy weapons instead of giving them to the Iraqi Army or police? The same goes for Afghanistan.

I guess that is lots more beneficial to sell them weapons. The profit is the profit. We all know that war is a huge business. :?

The weapons in iraq are probably of mixed quality so new weapons need to be bought in. If any insurgents get hold of these new weapons then the source should be able to be found as long as the rifles numbers and the unit who recieved the rifle are recorded. This could be more difficult if old rifles were used.

CSmaster said:
Chinese made weapons and body armors in use by the new Iraqi police and troops
The new Type 56-2 assault rifles and body armors must be from the recent 40 million USD orders placed by new Iraqi government for its police and troops. Noticing the brand new Type 56-2 rifles with its short folding stocks and cheap orange colored plastic parts. Can't complaint too much when they only paid around $100 each and got them delivered almost rightaway.

http://www.anyboard.net/gov/mil/anyboard/uploads/20052221834559.jpg
http://www.anyboard.net/gov/mil/anyboard/uploads/20052221810511.jpg
http://www.anyboard.net/gov/mil/anyboard/uploads/200522211122889.jpg

type 56 is pretty much Chinese-made ak-47, it is nearly gone in regular PLA forces (they use type 81 or 95 or 97 now), and militia forces seem to use type 56 now, it is very cheap to make, and pretty reliable

$100 per piece. That kind of value is not only offered to Iraq. I've heard one of my friend's uncle has a Chinese made SSK for $100 per piece plus shipping and handling charges. Though the order was much delayed, because it had trouble getting through Custom Agents. This guy lives in the US were Guns are not outlawed.

as far as i know, these type-56s are probably not manufactured recently...

i think they are retired weapons used by PLA 20 years ago, PLA probably got so many of these chinese ak-47, they just modify them a bit and sell for 100$ per piece, and deliver right away..

Chinese weapons have a reputation of being cheap for years, remember the crappy Iraqi t-55, all made in china

The Iraqi T-55 was a decent weapon during the 1980's. I don't consider it crappy. The reason it was crappy was because of the crew's handling of the vehicle since many Iraqi Tankers are very inexperienced.

Plus China is not the only country that sells most of its outmoded and retired weapons to other nations.

Chinese weapons have a reputation of being cheap for years, remember the crappy Iraqi t-55, all made in china

The Type 59 is the same as the T-55, no better no worse. The Iraqis used them poorly, and against uch more modern tanks. You cant compare a tank desighned in the late 1940s to one desighned 30 years later.

Could be a good deal in the future for china, when iraq starts to properly re-arm they could decide to use chinese arms as there fairly cheap.

This wouldn't by any chance have something to do with Bush and the Cinese squeezing each other's you know whats?
I think the Chinese got the deal because of some other deal that happened between the US and China behind the scenes. Still, $100 for an AK is not that bad. If it has a shot out barrel, then it's a different matter.

P.S. What America needs is a super reliable, super cheap and easy to manufacture weapon in 5.56 NAto calibre that they can sell or give to countries like Iraq and Afghanistan - much like they armed the South Vietnamese during the 60's and 70's, except we don't give them M16's anymore, cause it's so bloody expensive!!!

P.S. What America needs is a super reliable, super cheap and easy to manufacture weapon in 5.56 NAto calibre that they can sell or give to countries like Iraq and Afghanistan - much like they armed the South Vietnamese during the 60's and 70's, except we don't give them M16's anymore, cause it's so bloody expensive!!!

Galil would fit that role nicely...

It would, but isn't it a rather complicated and expensive weapon to build? I understand it is based, in part at least, on the AK47, but wouldn't an AK chambered in 5.56 make more sense?

Buting in lots for 100 per peice is expensive. All of the Iraqis that I spoke to frowned upon the Chinese version AK-47 and would rather have had any of the Eastern European versions. Price wise, you could buy the Chinese off the street for 100 bucks compared to 125 or 150 for a Czeck model. All were easily available if you knew where to get them. I bought mainly EU models

Regarding 5.56 versus 7.65 ammo, Iraq still manufactures its own 7.65 and is already overloaded with existing 7.65 arms so there is little incentive to switch. You have the option of which brand when you walk into a gun shop.

Anyway, the Chinese have been there dumping products on all the ministries. Heck, they know how to do business!

You mean 7.62, right?

It would, but isn't it a rather complicated and expensive weapon to build? I understand it is based, in part at least, on the AK47, but wouldn't an AK chambered in 5.56 make more sense?

No, its a very mechanically simple weapon heavily based on the AK47, chambred to the 5.56 NATO standart rounds used by the M-16. It is similar in most things to the AK47, only it is probably more accurate. Ive never fired it though, so I dont know.

MarineGtoACommo said:
Buting in lots for 100 per peice is expensive. All of the Iraqis that I spoke to frowned upon the Chinese version AK-47 and would rather have had any of the Eastern European versions. Price wise, you could buy the Chinese off the street for 100 bucks compared to 125 or 150 for a Czeck model. All were easily available if you knew where to get them. I bought mainly EU models

Regarding 5.56 versus 7.65 ammo, Iraq still manufactures its own 7.65 and is already overloaded with existing 7.65 arms so there is little incentive to switch. You have the option of which brand when you walk into a gun shop.

Anyway, the Chinese have been there dumping products on all the ministries. Heck, they know how to do business!

na....Chinese just want the money and hell they care if you gonna get yourself killed by using their weapons

Do you know of any weapons exporter who does care who kills who with their weapons?

In Germany, there are often protests against weapons exportation because some of them end up in the hands of fairly repressive regimes, or are used to repress ethnic minorities or some such.

The G3 assault rifle has been called a WMD by some because it was involved in many wars in the third world.

Yeah, Im with Deathstrike on this.

If you dont sell them rifles, someone else will. And one rifle isent all that diffrent from the otehr, so it dosent really matter what they get. Its not a nuclear weapon.

Back