New game idea - Page 2

--

March 11th, 2004  
Redleg

Yes, I can modify the layout as much as I want to.

Do you have any suggestions?
March 12th, 2004  
diplomatic_means

Being able to post a picture in that area in a special forum or something is all you would have to do. I don't want a mod that would take more time of your schedule than I wish. I'm saying in this game you begin by creating a forum with a big picture of a map of a real or imagined place. You would post a sticky with an invitation to play including the rules of the game and a deadline to join. Now say 20 people join the game before the deadline. They in their reply to the sticky would say they wanted to play and wanted to side with a certain country or whatever the land is grouped in on the map. In the Post Exchange another area would be created with units to be used in the game such as bazooka, battleship, tank platoon, etc. Or their counter parts if it is a sci-fi or fantasy land. All the people siding with an area become a usergroup in which they correspond throughout the week with where each of the members should place and move armies. At a weekly deadline all the plans of combat submitted by each individual participating would be reviewed by you and whoever else you choose to help play god. "God" would then move and place all the armies accordingly as requested by the participants on the map and repost the map in the area mentioned. When everyone sees what the others have done play continues through discussion amongst the usergroups and then submission of new movement and placement plans the next week. This is all I had in mind. When one game is finished meaning a stalemate, peace treaty between all nations or some group conquers the map then we could try a different map. We could do maps of the US like in a modern civil war scenario or we could do WW2 pacific front or the WW2 european front, we could do what the cold war would have looked like if it turned conventional, or we could do a war between made up solar systems like star wars, or the opposite and do something like a war in middle earth. How hard would this be to pull off?
March 12th, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplomatic_means
How hard would this be to pull off?

Going away on excercise Joint Winter on Sunday (14-24 March)..
I have to get back to this when I come home again.
--