Never introduced myself I dont think.

--

May 3rd, 2004  
Bentley

Topic: Never introduced myself I dont think.

Im 16 and a junior in high school. I started reading some of the posts on this forum because Im very intrested in being in the Marine Corps. I plan on atleast talking to a recruiter as soon as my 17th birthday comes if not signing up. It has always been some what of a dream of mine to serve in the military and I just became very partial to the Marines while I was in the MCJROTC program at my school. Im still not sure about the Marines just because my family doesnt believe that it will leave me very much opportunity once im out.

Any comments or critisicm is welcome.

On another note I really apreciate all the moderators on this board they are very informative and helpful. Its nice to be able to come here and hear the voice and opinion of many people from all of the different cultures. I especialy enjoy reading Shermans posts on Isreal because its something that is effecting alot of the world and has struck an intrest in me.
May 3rd, 2004  
Redneck

Welcome to the forum, Bentley (and thank you for the compliment ).
Good luck with the Marine Corps.
May 3rd, 2004  
Darkmb101

Hiya Bentley, i hope u succeed in the Corps
--
May 3rd, 2004  
Razor

Welcome, I too am 16 and I too am going to become a Marine. 8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley
Im still not sure about the Marines just because my family doesnt believe that it will leave me very much opportunity once im out.
Oh, mate. I have a grandfather that was a Marine let me tell you that after the Marines you will have way more opportunity due to the fact that Marines have to do so much to earn the title and to keep the title (you have to earn the title again every day father boot ) most people look more favorably on some one that was Marine then some one that was not when it comes to getting a job "outside."
May 4th, 2004  
silent driller

Yay for us future jarheads! And how hangs it sir Bently?
May 5th, 2004  
Italian Guy

hi Bentley, welcome aboard. How's life in the Northwest?
May 26th, 2004  
airmanpatroler

Dude be a DI and make something out of the corps
May 26th, 2004  
AFSteliga

Welcome, Bentley. Good luck and Semper Fi.
May 26th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Welcome, Bentley. There are a few of us Jarheads on the site, so if you have any questions hunt them all down and force them to answer. Seriously, on my end - if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.
May 26th, 2004  
Achilles

i really like it when people my age join the forum, welcome due/duddette!!