need help deciding

armlesscadet

duke of milforum slayer
I need some help to decide which branch of the US armed forces I know that I dont want to join the Navy because it just never appealed to me. But I would like to join the Air Force or Marines but i can't decide on which one. I am currently in the AFJROTC and its my first year there but I was recently promoted to a C/MSgt but should I go through with the Air Force or would the Marines be better in the long run. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I went through the same thing awhile back with the Canadian forces, and I think it depends on your personal interests. What do you want to do with your life, and which would be better in achieving that goal? I think that by looking into that you'll probably be able to decide a little easier. :)

(Although I personally think the air force is better :wink:)

Ive always been interested in aviation and I have thought about being a cargo plane pilot or possibly a stealth bomber but lately I have been thinking about joining the marines and doing something in there but ya I have been interested in aviation for a while now. Its just that if I go in the Air Force I want to become an Officer and I dont want to just go to some college I want to go into an acadamy but I dont have the grades to pull off going to an acadamy.

Let me ask you something. Why do you want to be an officer in the Air Force, but aren't concerned about being an officer in the Marine Corps?

Remember that the majority of the Air Force are not pilots.

Well I decided with one of my friends that if we join the Air Force then we are both going to be officers. Honestly its a realy long story and im late for school.

armlesscadet said:
Well I decided with one of my friends that if we join the Air Force then we are both going to be officers. Honestly its a realy long story and im late for school.

The point I'm getting at is that if you want to join the Air Force, join the Air Force. Even if you can't get into the academy, there are other ways, some may take longer than others, but there are other ways.

If you're just confused about what you want to do. Check out the jobs the Marine Corps offers and the Air Force offers and narrow down your choices. Which jobs you like, which jobs you feel like you'd enjoy doing. Do you want to be indoors or outdoors? Do you want to be on the ground? Do you want to be in the field? etc.

The Air Force and the Marine Corps can offer you something in aviation, but not necessarily as a pilot.

I'm going through the same dilemma, but I'm starting to lead toward the MC, because I'm more interested in the life, the job, the comraderie (not that the other Armed Forces dont have the same if not equal comraderie), and least of all, the sword and uniform (I wanna be an officer).

But i'm not telling u this because i want you to lean toward the MC, but im telling u this because of my reasons in hopes that you'll get an idea of why I'm interested in the Corps, to help you decide.

You gotta ask yourself, what am i going to do it and why? (I'm not an expert nor am i trying to be one, but from what I know, most marines are not in it for money or benefits)

Just thought share a little empathy with you.

well i aint going navy (no offense to thoughs in navy like Bones) and coast gaurd never appealed to me... Lately in the past few days or so I have been thinking about seeing if I have what it takes to be a sniper. I also was thinking about being a cargo pilot. But I havent made an exact decision yet on what I want to do.

This is just a joke, but u know the Marines are apart of the Navy? Lol, im jk, but still :p

Well, we both have got a lot of time, since we both wanna be officers, so there certainly is no rush. Good luck with ur decision, and if u decide to go marines, ill see ya @ OCS! Oorrah!

Back