NATO Forces Attacked




 
--
Boots
 
March 13th, 2008  
Team Infidel
 
 

Topic: NATO Forces Attacked


New York Times
March 13, 2008
Pg. 8
By Agence France-Presse
A suicide car bomber attacked a Canadian troop convoy in the southern city of Kandahar, and a roadside bomb struck a vehicle carrying Romanian troops on a road linking Kandahar and Zabul Provinces. One Canadian and three Romanians were wounded. The explosion from the attack on the Canadians killed an Afghan man.
In another southern province, Helmand, NATO reported that two Afghan women and two children were killed when troops returned fire at insurgents who had attacked them. Britainís Defense Ministry said that its troops were involved and that an investigation had been opened. Civilian casualties caused by foreign soldiers are a delicate issue, and President Hamid Karzai has regularly called on troops to take more care.
In western Herat Province late Tuesday, the Taliban destroyed a cellphone tower, the police said. It was the fifth attack on cell towers since late last month, when the Taliban ordered cellphone companies to turn their signals off at night to prevent American and NATO forces from using them to track the movements of Taliban fighters.
 


Similar Topics
The Patton Of Counterinsurgency
Interview With NATO Secretary-General Jaap De Hoop Scheffer
Afghan War Needs Troops
Gates Faults NATO Force In Southern Afghanistan
Toll Of Civilians NATO Killed Was Worst Since It Took Over