Mysterious Snoopy patch. Can anyone help identify ???

--

June 4th, 2005  
AGE_USAF

Topic: Mysterious Snoopy patch. Can anyone help identify ???

Got this patch from I can't remember where. A firend gave it to me some time ago. It was in a truck of old stuff he got form somewhere. Anyway, you get the idea.....now it's up to me to find its origin. Any help is appreciated.

June 7th, 2005  
Missileer

It looks like a patriotic design rather than military.
June 13th, 2005  
AGE_USAF

if I recall correctly, the guy I got it from said the person wo owned it worked in an early engine shop. Looking at the patch construction, it's all embroidered on a cheesecloth type backing. Presumeably pretty old. I was hoping that it could possibly be a copy of some nose art long forgotten. I think the snoopy might help date it since the character came about in the 1950's. Still, an interesting patch. It measures about 10" across and 6" high.
--
June 13th, 2005  
Redleg

It certainly looks like some kind of nose art, possibly from the Vietnam War era according to this website:
http://www.library.arizona.edu/noseart/vietnam3.htm
Quote:
More often, the art avoided the subject of the war altogether with short catch phrases of the day, cartoon characters (Snoopy replacing Bugs Bunny), music, television, and the movies as subject matter.
June 13th, 2005  
Missileer

I know it's a stretch but the flag looks like it has 50 stars or close. That would put it in or after 1959.
August 16th, 2005  
recondo_fr

Topic: Re: Mysterious Snoopy patch. Can anyone help identify ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGE_USAF
Got this patch from I can't remember where. A firend gave it to me some time ago. It was in a truck of old stuff he got form somewhere. Anyway, you get the idea.....now it's up to me to find its origin. Any help is appreciated.

send me the patch in a mail, i'm a patch collector, and i get some precious patches ID books; i guess yours come from the VN era, even if i can't see the pictures
luck
August 16th, 2009  
EMBLEMHUNTER

try this site usafpatches.com it's a good one for 50-s and later era USAF type

Hello if it is Snoopy standing on top of two jet engines holding a US Flag/s it is the emblem for the 3355th Student Squadron Jet Engine Maintenance School-Chanute AFB,Illinois late 50's or early 60's,I think it's on an oval background ?
WeBeEmblems@aol.com
March 3rd, 2013  
Ex52tech

Yes if it is the patch that eblemhunter was talking about it is a patch of the 3352 jet engine maintenance training squadron from Chanute AFB training center.

I was a student in the 3352 in 1981 and just recently removed that patch from one of my old jackets, to keep the patch.

I was searching for a picture on line of that patch to use as an avitar and stumbled on this thread.

I hope this information helps.
April 19th, 2013  
charlylynx

I was in an AF AGE unit and we had a patch of snoopy with his finger in his nose and below it said 'hand picked'. Your patch image didn't show up.
June 2nd, 2013  
EMBLEMHUNTER

Topic: patch image fopr avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex52tech
Yes if it is the patch that eblemhunter was talking about it is a patch of the 3352 jet engine maintenance training squadron from Chanute AFB training center.

I was a student in the 3352 in 1981 and just recently removed that patch from one of my old jackets, to keep the patch.

I was searching for a picture on line of that patch to use as an avitar and stumbled on this thread.

I hope this information helps.
You can probably find the image you want at this site in the Gallery, just type in the search box the unit and it should go there if it's listed
USAFpatches.com

P.S. If you would like a leather patch of it , I make them ...........
Johnny/emblemhunter