Myanmar Army

My friends background is from Myanmar, and he asked me if I could find info on the Myanmar army [He cant be bothered doing it himself, besides he would look like a nerd if he tried to search cause he is in some gang or similar]

Wikipedia has given me some BASIC information, but what it never manages to tell is the important stuff.

I can see Myanmars army has about 500-600 tanks in service [The T-72S, Type 59 and Type 69], but id like to know how good the tanks are in the Burmese army?

Like, do they have GPS, thermal imaging etc? Are they well maintained? Are the crews of the tanks well trained?

Same goes for the Light Tanks and IFV's. Myanmar has [In the Light Tanks] 22 UK Comets and 150 Type 63's. Same facts on them please.

Myanmar also seems to be getting a pretty sweet looking IFV's according to Wiki.. they are locally assembling 1000 Ukrainian BTR-3U's untill 2013, and they already have PLENTY of other IFV's, including the Israeli/Brazilian EE-9 Cascavel and the Chinese Type 85.

I just want to know how combat-capable they are. Id also appreciate info on the Myanmar troops/Paratroopers aswell. Things like how trained they are and the like.

Thanks in advance.

Back