My boycott of TV news begins

Duty Honor Country

Whenever big events are plastered all over the news, I tend to turn off the television news channels. After the TV segment on people getting Obama tattoos, I decided it is time to once again ignore the network news channels. It was the same after 9/11, the Northeastern blackout, Katrina, the 2004 election, the 2008 election and now the 2009 Inauguration.

When the 24 hour news networks spend 24 hours on one subject, I tune out.

The choice to tune out or not is up to you ... but, I think you are being just a little silly.

Watch the news or don't watch the news ... just don't call it a boycott.

you cannot defend the amount of nonsense is being reported

-tattoos of Obama
-5,000 port-o-johns and the discrimination lawsuit pending
-pictures being offered next to a cardboard cut out of Obama
-Obama's "coolness factor" (fresh off cnn.com)
-Water taxis ferry thousands to inauguration
-B list celebrities and their plans
-The conservative and gay minister fiasco

I challenge you to turn on the tv and within minutes those stories and more will be on. May I remind you that a nut job who faked his own suicide through a plane crash dominated the news while a new message from Bin Ladin went mainly unnoticed.

Glad you could join.

Havent' watched a minute of news coverage since it was on in a restauraunt in August of last year. (did watch debates though I ignored analysis.)

It was around the time they started complaining about Obama being a Muslim that I decided enough was enough. Though I havent' watched much of that crap going all the way back to before the Iraq war. (boy, that's a long time isn't it? maybe they have reason to complain)

I used to like to listen to Paul Harvey... but that always seemed like trivia stuff. The "news" channels seem to tell a biased story instead of the actual story.

I'll be at work, I have no choice but to at least hear it, the man is going to be the president, big fat harry deal, all it is for me is another democrat in office.

Well I managed to stay at work all day and we don't have a TV in the building, but you can bet there was a whole lot of people who at exactly 1205, started yelling O-ba-ma O-ba-ma, over and over until my boss turned one radio up as loud as he could

you want to see a circus...turn on the tv now that the 10 inauguration balls are going on...

...right now I need C-SPAN to run some debates in the British House of Commons to make me happy

Back