My book

I bet you would want to manage his last trimester..
Always knew you Brits were weird people.. This is just proof positive.. :mrgreen:

Both Trooper and I as his manager would make a fortune if he were pregnant.:mrgreen:

We're not weird, we're unique.:smil:

Both Trooper and I as his manager would make a fortune if he were pregnant.:mrgreen:

We're not weird, we're unique.:smil:

Yeah, right.... thats what they all like to say...

"Mad Dogs and Englishmen"- I've always wanted to ask someone what that phrase really means?:sorry:

"Mad Dogs and Englishmen"- I've always wanted to ask someone what that phrase really means?:sorry:

It originates from India durring the time of the British Empire.

It is a shortening of "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

The full expression is "mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

This is from the days of the British Empire, especially the Raj in India. The native inhabitants, used to the heat, would sensibly go indoors in the heat of the mid-day sun. But the British didn't like to change their routines for such trifling things as 100 degree heat, so continued to parade around in the hottest part of the day, often dressed up in full suits. Hence the expression, comparing the idiocy of the British with rabid dogs, memorably made into a song by Noel Coward.

http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/folk-song-lyrics/Mad_Dogs_and_Englishmen.htm

The full expression is "mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

This is from the days of the British Empire, especially the Raj in India. The native inhabitants, used to the heat, would sensibly go indoors in the heat of the mid-day sun. But the British didn't like to change their routines for such trifling things as 100 degree heat, so continued to parade around in the hottest part of the day, often dressed up in full suits. Hence the expression, comparing the idiocy of the British with rabid dogs, memorably made into a song by Noel Coward.

http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/folk-song-lyrics/Mad_Dogs_and_Englishmen.htm

Aaaaahhhh....

And I thought the Aussies were crazy enough to do that...:neutral:

Back