MRE's

--
Boots

June 1st, 2004  
GreggK

Topic: MRE's

why does MRE's have such a bad rap? i think they are pretty decent. we use these for paintball outtings. whats your opinion?
June 1st, 2004  
Redneck

They get real old real quick, but they're definitely not that bad. I think they're about as good of chow as you could hope to get in most situations though. I've actually heard a couple rumors that we're going to be getting freeze dried ice cream on a couple of the new menus.
June 1st, 2004  
GreggK

sweet! i remember eating freeze dried ice cream at the smithsonian institute when i was 8
--
Boots
June 1st, 2004  
TheSunsetSniper

The beef stew MRE tastes like Dinty Moore Beef Stew. I love it. I'm trying to find a cheap pack i can buy for airsoft skirmishes.
June 1st, 2004  
GreggK

local army navy has a case of MRE's for $45 i stocked my buddies up already for the next few weeks (we bought 7 cases)
June 1st, 2004  
GUNNER

Our rations are getting alot better, the meals are great, i do like American MRE's because they are different, i like the Brit ones too even though they only get one for the day.

GUNNER
June 1st, 2004  
Mark Conley

45 Bucks a case? thats great! the local A/N sells them for 7.50 a meal..75 bucks a case!

Where you at gregg? excuse me, where are them MREs at? I need to stock my bomb shelter!

June 1st, 2004  
C/2nd Lt Robot

one A/N store in Winston Sells them for i think 40 bucks a case or 4.50 each.
June 1st, 2004  
Desert Blossom

I've been eating them since I've been over here and at first I couldn't stand them!!!! It's taken a while to get used to them. Some of them are really good but then again some of them are just awful!
June 1st, 2004  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Conley
45 Bucks a case? thats great! the local A/N sells them for 7.50 a meal..75 bucks a case!
http://www.military-quotes.com/military-surplus/mre.htm

$44.97 for a case of 12 meals..
The MilQuotes PX at your service, Sir!

The Norwegian MREs (Field Meals) are some of the best in the world (my opinion).
I've tastes British, US, French etc.. but thay can't be compared to ours, they do actually taste like they are supposed to do..
They are produced by Drytech Norway, you can find some examples of menus here:
http://www.drytech.no/index.php?&lang=eng&ID=59