MP5SD

the_13th_redneck said:
illegal for civilians I'd think.
It most certainly is not illegal for civilians. If you live in a state that allows both automatic weapons (made before 1986) and silencers, you can pay like a $100-200 tax for each and you can buy that weapon. If you have mucho big bucks to shell out, you can own a .50 caliber quad anti-aircraft machinegun.

egoz said:
is an MP5SD6 really worth $15,000? i mean really...

No it is not worth that money. I could get a MAC-10 with a silencer for 1/3 of the price; I knew a guy that had one and it was a joy to shoot. The MAC-10 also has fewer parts, and hardly ever jams up. I have shot several Mp5s and if you feed them cheap ammunition, they will jam every 3rd or 4th round.

The best way to find out if it is "worth it" for ya is to visit a Bullet Fest and see the weapon fire. Take a look at the Bullet Fest website to see all the toys you can own if you have tons o' money to burn. I highly recommend downloading the videos; they may be long, but they are worth the wait. Everything from an Mp5 to miniguns is in there.

I'm sure it's worth it, otherwise why do most CT teams use them and not get something like Mac10s?

I'm sure it trumps the Mac in silence, controllability, accuracy, etc.

Kinection said:
I'm sure it's worth it, otherwise why do most CT teams use them and not get something like Mac10s?

I'm sure it trumps the Mac in silence, controllability, accuracy, etc.

well i meant it as worth it for a civilian. most tactical teams aren't buying MP5s for $15k, unless they are getting royally ripped off.

MAC-10 and 11 are some of the most inaccurate weapons in the submachine gun arena. The MP5 with or without silencer is much more accurate (closed bolt vs. open bolt) and I never had a jam.

Yes the delayed blowback Mp5 is inherently more accurate, but I sort of favor the MAC 10 because it is cheap, easy to find parts for, very concealable, and more reliable (due to fewer moving parts).

ravensword227 said:
the_13th_redneck said:
illegal for civilians I'd think.
It most certainly is not illegal for civilians. If you live in a state that allows both automatic weapons (made before 1986) and silencers, you can pay like a $100-200 tax for each and you can buy that weapon. If you have mucho big bucks to shell out, you can own a .50 caliber quad anti-aircraft machinegun.

egoz said:
is an MP5SD6 really worth $15,000? i mean really...

No it is not worth that money. I could get a MAC-10 with a silencer for 1/3 of the price; I knew a guy that had one and it was a joy to shoot. The MAC-10 also has fewer parts, and hardly ever jams up. I have shot several Mp5s and if you feed them cheap ammunition, they will jam every
3rd or 4th round.

You need a Class III License issued by the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. Before you can legally purchase or own a fully automatic weapon. Then you can pay a 200.00 to 300.00 dollar transfer tax.

One of my teachers brought in his MP5 to class the other day. He's a professor and teaches Special Warfare, it's a new class that they're trying out, part of the Counter Terrorism major they're trying to implement. It was a semi-auto version, but he said it wouldn't be difficult to change that. It's in pretty good condition too.

Back