MOTTO OF THE PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN REGIMENT OF YORKSHIRE - Page 2

--

November 13th, 2003  
Gunner13

Topic: MOTTO OF THE PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN REGIMENT OF YORKSHIRE

Dear Guest: I think Acerbus already said it best - that translations will differ. However, I think we all also understand what the meaning is and yours works real well too.
April 22nd, 2004  
Redleg

To those of you who has ended up here searching for the motto of the Prince of Wales, you can find it here:
http://philologos.org/bpr/files/Misc_Studies/ms022.htm

If you don't understand this post, please read this:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...ic.php?p=11500
April 25th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

Hey I don't get it ... I read the other post too... Why did all the people search for his Motto??
--
April 25th, 2004  
Redleg

I have no idea either..

No searches for it the last two days...
Could have been searches for an answer to some kind of Local TV or Radio competition, or something like that...???
June 3rd, 2004  
DKyler

Topic: prince of wales motto

I am not certain exactly why this has been searched so many times in the month of April; but I initated a search looking for the answer to a NY Times crossword clue, to wit "Motto of the Prince of Wales". As an avid crossworder, I find that the clues to puzzles generally run in cycles through out the various puzzles, sometimes the clues are promted by current events.
June 3rd, 2004  
mickey

I think I know why there is sudden interest in the Prince of Wales motto. It was a clue in the New York Times crossword puzzle.
June 3rd, 2004  
Redleg

Nice, finally an answer..
Thanks..

Must have been something similar in April as well..

Here's todays searches (so far)
No of searches, Search engine and searchwords..

67 Google motto of the Prince of Wales
36 Google prince of wales motto
15 Google motto prince of wales
8 Google motto of prince of wales
6 Google prince of wales motto
4 Google motto prince wales
April 21st, 2011  
1pwo4ev

as also an ex member of the 1st Batt 1 PWO the motto translates to Let No Dificulties Deter but as in most latin mottos usually translate to many ways
April 22nd, 2011  
Del Boy

There we are - straight from the horse's mouth. It only took 8 years. Is this a record?

My regimental motto, The Highland Light Infantry , translates- " Touch me not with impunity". There ain't no easy ones.
November 5th, 2011  
BritinAfrica

I was always led to believe that the Prince of Wales motto Ich Dien is the same as the SS motto "I serve"