Most underated? - Page 4

--

January 30th, 2005  
Young Winston

You guys tend to slide off topic easily.

I think Dowding has got plenty of "airtime" over the years.

I agree with the General Slim selection. He did some great things in the Far East, particularly when resources were very tight there.
January 31st, 2005  
victortsoi

how about Suren, the persian cavalry general who annihilated Crassus at Carhae and poured molten gold down his throat?
January 31st, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: Re: have to say

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
No the Royal Navys big guns have further range than US navy big guns.

Ours tend to be slightly more powerful, I ain't got a scooby bout the army etc lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outcasthuman
Well we will just bomb your navy out of the seas so no worries lol
Was there a point to any of that??? Does ANYONE have reliable sources to back up their claims??

Oh yes, I forgot my first reaction: Who cares who can blast the crap out of who?? We're allies so why does it matter?
I can back it up seeing as i dealt as a gunner in the navy. You can't pull these "facts" off the internet as its High security stuff, doh!

it was banter no need to get in a huff.
--
January 31st, 2005  
serbianpower

suvorov, never lost battle. if he did not die, who knows... maybe napoleon would not be so great.
January 31st, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: hey

Lord Nelson was a good captain..........maybe not underrated but not had airtime
January 31st, 2005  
serbianpower

Topic: Re: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya1982
Lord Nelson was a good captain..........maybe not underrated but not had airtime
the topic is the most underrated general.
January 31st, 2005  
Vitaly

Although Suvorov would be a good choice, I know not of one Russian youth who doesn't know who he is and how great he was. So I would pick Heinz Guderian, a true master strategist with an ability to look past his time's combat methods and come up with his own.
January 31st, 2005  
KC72

What about Konev ? does he deserve a mention
January 31st, 2005  
Vitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC72
Hmm, good question. I think he does.
January 31st, 2005  
Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC72
Hmm, good question. I think he does.
He does as he tends to get overshadowed by Zhukov. However, I wouldn't pick him over either Guderian or Manstein.