most interesting head dress

--

September 12th, 2004  
c/Mcpl.Lynam

Topic: most interesting head dress

whats the mos interesting head dress you have ever seen for me it was a pink beret
September 12th, 2004  
Redleg

Almost any new beret (especially that new recruits and/or high ranking officers use).

A beret needs som time to "settle down" in order to look good, but several new recruits and high ranking officers doesn't seem to care (or know) how to prepare a beret for first time use.

That's why they (the new berets) gets the nicknames "Carriers", "landing strips" or "pancakes"...
September 12th, 2004  
peacekeeper

I think the most different head dress I have seen is Italian. During my service in Kosovo I met some Italian guys with some kind of knitted cap.
--
September 12th, 2004  
Caffeine

Going with the Italian thing, the Caribineiri have some rather unique dress covers.
September 12th, 2004  
RnderSafe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
Almost any new beret (especially that new recruits and/or high ranking officers use).

A beret needs som time to "settle down" in order to look good, but several new recruits and high ranking officers doesn't seem to care (or know) how to prepare a beret for first time use.

That's why they (the new berets) gets the nicknames "Carriers", "landing strips" or "pancakes"...
There is nothing worse than an unshaped and shaven beret - it is always a difficult choice whether to yank it from their heads, or fall down laughing. Pizza beret is another name for it.
September 12th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Israel has a freakin rainbow of beret colours....Its unsetteing. We have 3 shades of green...We have brown, we have purple, we have black, we have red, we have light blue, we have orange....Way too many colours.
September 13th, 2004  
FutureRANGER

What's with all the berets anyhow? Beret is a French word, a beret is a French hat! We're not French! Who came up with the beret?
September 13th, 2004  
silent driller

The mullet, the mohawk, and the combover!

...Yes, I am joking
September 13th, 2004  
peacekeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
What's with all the berets anyhow? Beret is a French word, a beret is a French hat! We're not French! Who came up with the beret?
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent driller
The mullet, the mohawk, and the combover!
At least I interpret the word headdress to i.e. hat. I would have given a totally different answer if the topic was hairdress. Maybe it is my vocabulary that is not the best since my first language isn't English.
September 13th, 2004  
SHERMAN

nope. your just fine peacekeeper...I think Driller is joking around...

Back to the topic...Whats with all this beret shaping and shaving? I dident know that you need to do that...I think the IDF ones come ready and shaped...
Oh, I found these fuzzy pics of all the berets the IDF has...Kind of colourful...http://www.pongo.co.il/israeli_army_berets1.asp