The most contreversial operation of WW2 - Page 3

--

August 27th, 2004  
David Hurlbert

Jason, I would like to know all about that opportunity we [the allies] had to assassinate Hitler?
August 27th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Okay, you see we had people that worked with him everyday, one of his top generals was actually a CIA operative, i forget his name but i will get it for you later, he reported to the CIA that he would be left alone with Hitler and only like 2 other people about twice a week and had a perfect opportunity to kill him, yet the CIA told him not to.

Also there was another operation where, in a joint operation with the British, we were going to assassinate him in his summer home, we had it all, blueprints(schematics if you prefer), Guard rotations, guard numbers, radio check in's. we had everything timed, we even had double agents in his summer home, yet we didn't go through with it.

I believe it was because many people thought that Hitler was just a pawn for someone much more worse, and if we did assassinate Hitler then someone smarter would take his place, we had every opportunity to take him out yet we did not, so i can only assume it was for fear of another replacing him.
August 27th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Quote:
Okay, you see we had people that worked with him everyday, one of his top generals was actually a CIA operative, i forget his name but i will get it for you later, he reported to the CIA that he would be left alone with Hitler and only like 2 other people about twice a week and had a perfect opportunity to kill him, yet the CIA told him not to.
The CIA wasn't created till after WWII. You must be thinking of OSS, and Ive never heard of one of his "top generals' being OSS or anything else. Schlabrendorff, Stauffenberg, Thomas, and Tresckow and the rest of the July 20th plot had no contact with the allies IIRC.

If anyone was going to replace him It would of been a non-Nazi General, that had always been the plan. Himmler would have never been allowed by the Army to take power.
--
August 27th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

I'll get the guy's name for you when i see it again. Maybe it wasn't CIA but it was some kind of American intelligence agency.
August 27th, 2004  
David Hurlbert

The CIA? This organization was not created until way after World War II. Perhaps you are thinking of the FBI or OSS......and even this is doubtful. Okay, perhaps it is time to revisit some good textbooks. Hitler was very difficult to get to for even his main generals and almost no one had open door access to Hitler.....Eva Braun even had to take a number to see him.
August 27th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Had to be the OSS, which was British btw. They were the ones doing all the really "sneaky" stuff for the allies.
August 27th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

way after???
CIA wasn't created way after WW2, CIA was created in 1947 just two years after WW2 not way after.

Actually if you had scene the stuff we had on him it would have freaked you out, we knew everything about Hitler, if we had wanted him dead he would have been dead.
August 27th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

I'm sorry, but I think you've fallen victim to some conspiracy ring. I dont think we ever got that close to Hitler, and I know a fair deel about the German Resistance circle...
August 27th, 2004  
Jason Bourne

trust me on this, i read the man's personal account, he stated very clearly that he had multiple face-to-face meetings with Hitler and that he could have easily capped him(not in those exact words) yet was told to back down by American intel.

Capped why the hell did i just use that word.
August 27th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

What year? Please, If you can prove this with a link or source I think we all would be greatly appreciative.