More unofficial mottoes

--

March 3rd, 2005  
SigPig

Topic: More unofficial mottoes

When I was instructing Sig Op apprentices a few years back, I wanted to give them a little unofficial scroll at graduation, in addition to their official certificates.
Our unit was Foxtrot Squadron of the Communications School, but we weren't allowed to use any official badges or mottoes on an unofficial scroll. So we had a mock ceremony out in the Gore, where we knighted them with a 3' whip antenna and inducted them into the Meritorious Order of the Soldiers of Mercury. The badge was a fox's head (for F Sqn), and since the Sigs motto begins with V's (Velox Versutus Vigilans), we used, if I remember correctly,

"Vox Vulpis Victoriam Vocat" (the voice of the fox summons victory).

Our unofficial unofficial motto was "BOHICA!"

Anyone need a translation for that one?

J
March 3rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Topic: Re: More unofficial mottoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigPig
When I was instructing Sig Op apprentices a few years back, I wanted to give them a little unofficial scroll at graduation, in addition to their official certificates.
Our unit was Foxtrot Squadron of the Communications School, but we weren't allowed to use any official badges or mottoes on an unofficial scroll. So we had a mock ceremony out in the Gore, where we knighted them with a 3' whip antenna and inducted them into the Meritorious Order of the Soldiers of Mercury. The badge was a fox's head (for F Sqn), and since the Sigs motto begins with V's (Velox Versutus Vigilans), we used, if I remember correctly,

"Vox Vulpis Victoriam Vocat" (the voice of the fox summons victory).

Our unofficial unofficial motto was "BOHICA!"

Anyone need a translation for that one?

J
jeez BOHICA brings back memories but i can't remember what it stands for! zaaaarrrghh
March 3rd, 2005  
Charge 7

Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again
--
March 3rd, 2005  
chewie_nz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Bend
Over
Here
It
Comes
Again
yep, it comes flooding back to me now, we used that for our junior NCO course in the air traing corp....cheers charge!
March 5th, 2005  
A Can of Man

U.S. ARMY
Spelled backwards
"Yes My Retarded Ass Signed Up."

This is the funniest