more than 100 Bangladeshi Military Officers Slayed

Destructor

i guess this should be placed here. our nation is literally crying.

we have lost more than 100 Military Officers in so called BDR mutaniy.

68 bodies has been found... 72 still missing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7917374.stm

for more info please read that.

my question is .. have you ever seen anything like this in any military ?

140 Military Officers mass murdered in one single day by this so called mutiny. has it ever happened in military history ? its not even a war! All of the officers were un-armed .

they have destroyed our border security. and also tried to destroy our Army. i feel less proud to be a Bangladeshi now. cause my nation can be fooled easily. the media here is a disgrace. 3 day national mourning is going on.

this is a big conspiracy against Bangladesh. a bucket full of gem has been lost in one single day. some of them worked for UN as peace keeping soldiers.
we have lost so many talented people. how could this happen i dont know.

Whoever is responsible for this will be punished (Death). it may sound brutal but they should be publicly hanged.

our Government FAILED to take appropriate action. they FAILED miserably.

i guess this should be placed here. our nation is literally crying.

we have lost more than 100 Military Officers in so called BDR mutaniy.

68 bodies has been found... 72 still missing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7917374.stm

for more info please read that.

my question is .. have you ever seen anything like this in any military ?

140 Military Officers mass murdered in one single day by this so called mutiny. has it ever happened in military history ? its not even a war! All of the officers were un-armed .

they have destroyed our border security. and also tried to destroy our Army. i feel less proud to be a Bangladeshi now. cause my nation can be fooled easily. the media here is a disgrace. 3 day national mourning is going on.

this is a big conspiracy against Bangladesh. a bucket full of gem has been lost in one single day. some of them worked for UN as peace keeping soldiers.
we have lost so many talented people. how could this happen i dont know.

Whoever is responsible for this will be punished (Death). it may sound brutal but they should be publicly hanged.

our Government FAILED to take appropriate action. they FAILED miserably.

Destructor, I cannot even begin to understand the emotion and sheer anger running trhough your nation at this time. When I first saw this on the news, I was gobsmacked, then when the true picture cam out I was even more amazed.

Now most of the information has started to settle down but herre is what I understand:

1. The BDR mutinied over pay and conditions, amongst them they they were not elgible to partake in UN operations (thereby earning higher pay).

2. Sheikh Hasina, the newly elected President stepped in quickly, declaring an amnesty, a commission to look into the complaints - or else the tanks, which were deployed, would start delivering her message forcefully.

3. In the aftermath of the mutiny, which I beleive spread to all BDR garrisons:
a. Some 120 officers were found to be missing, as your link says most have been found dead.
b. Nearly 300 BDR deserters were caught fleeing the scene, having abandoned their uniforms.
c. The death sentence has been declared for anyone found to be guilty or party to the murders.

I hope I've got it right, if not please correct me. My questions are:

1. What was the reputation of the BDR in Bangladesh, before the mutiny?
2. Is is true that they are mainly from 1 ethnic group and that the other armed forces are similarly dominated by different ethcnic groups?
3. The accusation about their pay being skimmed - how realistic is this?

If you can't answer with knowledge, please just give me your opinion.

I too feel sorrow for your Nation.

What action did you want them to take. The Army v 60000 border guards? Would of ended real pretty. It's the officers fault for not detecting this before it got to this point, one of their most important responsibilities.

What action did you want them to take. The Army v 60000 border guards? Would of ended real pretty. It's the officers fault for not detecting this before it got to this point, one of their most important responsibilities.

OBVIOUSLY the slaying of the officers was NOT the action that was expected!

The wall between officers and enlisted were probably too high and the NCO corps may actually be nothing like what we know of. In some countries, NCOs are basically like lower enlistedmen with a very long TIS and instead of bridging the gap between officers and enlisted, they spear head the anti-officer sentiments within the enlisted ranks.
A disobedient and undisciplined enlisted corps may have been the way of life for this Army and therefore threats and grieviances about their conditions and pay may have been seen as events from just another day at the office.
That's my theory.
That's not to say these guys didn't have serious problems.

Back