Money or the Army - Page 2

--

June 27th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Makes a lot more sense now.
But stuff like Pararescue is very limited. If that's the sort of thing you'd want to do, I'd rather pick the Army or the Marines.
August 1st, 2009  
SecurityForcesKid17

Yeah but you know..i would rather, very much, be able to do all the anti-terrorism...idk y.,..its just always been an interest of mine...

Im going to im just thinking about all the MOS' the Marines offer...mostly Anti-Terrorism or Special Reaction Forces..

idk why but im interested in those type of things
August 2nd, 2009  
19KiloDevilDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecurityForcesKid17
Yeah but you know..i would rather, very much, be able to do all the anti-terrorism...idk y.,..its just always been an interest of mine...

Im going to im just thinking about all the MOS' the Marines offer...mostly Anti-Terrorism or Special Reaction Forces..

anti terrorism hard stuff
--
August 3rd, 2009  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecurityForcesKid17

Okay lets back up and consider what FAST really is. Fleet Anti Terrorist Security Team.........

You apparently have the idea that you'll be hunting tango's and doing take downs and door kicks. Sorry the US Military has Special Operations Forces that do that and FAST is not one of them or even a tier asset for that.

FAST is deployed at the descreation of the Chief of Naval Operations to provide security for the fleet. They deploy with the fleet and defend the fleet from attack. They have training a bit above the average grunt, but only training that is mission specific. You could do a tour with FAST and never get your CQB designator.

RTT's are deployed in locations around the world that are designated by the CNO as requiring extra security, they train they stand post.

So if your thinkin your going to be Jack Bauer on steriods by getting assigned to FAST rethink it.