Military Discounts

Yankee and Mets Baseball games are free if in uniform. (Go to the press entrance.) This may also be true for other Major League teams, but I'm not sure.

Does that apply to youth only for Yankee and Mets (I hate both teams) baseball games?

Because I just can't seem to picture a forty year old adult male walking up to the stadium in a complete uniform.

Jesery, Pants, Cleats, Long Socks, Hat, Cather's mitt, Batting gloves, and baseball bat.

I've seen little kids (5-6 years old) do this. And they do get in free at Dolphin Stadium for a Marlins' Game. But never a full grown adult.

Setback said:
Yankee and Mets Baseball games are free if in uniform. (Go to the press entrance.)
I've always wanted to take advantage of this, but never got around to it...maybe this summer.

I didnt see this one posted yet..

When you join the military you get a free membership to the YMCA. I'm just in the DEP right now, but I gave them a copy of my contract and I got my free membership on the spot.

I would assume it is like this at every YMCA..but its possible its just where I live, ya never know.

Setback said:
Yankee and Mets Baseball games are free if in uniform. (Go to the press entrance.) This may also be true for other Major League teams, but I'm not sure.

5.56X45mm said:
Does that apply to youth only for Yankee and Mets (I hate both teams) baseball games?

Because I just can't seem to picture a forty year old adult male walking up to the stadium in a complete uniform.

Jesery, Pants, Cleats, Long Socks, Hat, Cather's mitt, Batting gloves, and baseball bat.

I've seen little kids (5-6 years old) do this. And they do get in free at Dolphin Stadium for a Marlins' Game. But never a full grown adult.

I'm pretty sure that means military uniform, not baseball.

amtrak:
10% Discount for Military Personnel
Active duty US military personnel, along with their spouses and their dependents, are eligible to receive a 10% discount off most Amtrak rail fares in the US, including for travel on the Auto Train.
Requirements: We require that you be able to present a valid active-duty United States Armed Forces identification card.
Upgrades: You may upgrade to Sleeping Car, Business Class, and First Class accommodations upon payment of the full accommodations charge.
Limitations: The discount for military personnel is not available on:
  • Certain connecting Amtrak Thruway (motorcoach) services
  • The Canadian portion of service operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada
  • Weekday Metroliner trains
  • Weekday Acela Express trains
for full info go here

In Norway we only get discount on the railway (and some other public transportation) There are no culture in the civil community for giving discounts to goverment employees. But on a trip to US I experienced (even as a foreigner) that I got many of the discounts that US goverment employees have. And I simply enjoyed it :drunkb:

That is awesome, Carl's JR offer a 10% down here the huachuca.

Re: Amtrak -- I've never had a problem getting the military discount even when booking a weekday Metroliner online (I don't ride Acela, it's too expensive), and so far I've never been asked for my ID...yet. Then again, I've ridden in uniform more than half the time.

I'll go in tomorrow and find out if China Mobile will give me a 15% discount for active duty US military... :)

Ya for sure and I was mistaken it is a 18% discount thru cingular. And if you get that service I think we will be able to talk for free.

I'll go in tomorrow and find out if China Mobile will give me a 15% discount for active duty US military... :)
Good luck with that...*bulldogg walks off* OK guys, Ill get take care of the funeral arrangements. Does anyone know for sure if T-Mobile has this discount?

Nautica retail gives a military discount, I work there so this is for sure. Also, most companies owned by VF corporation probably give a discount...see here... http://www.vfc.com/sub_pages/our_brands.php for a list of there companies so you could inquire, I'm going to ask my manager tomorrow if they do so I will edit this and let y'all know

If traveling around the metro-NYC area on NJ Transit, you're entitled to the Senior/Disabled discount rate (50% off).

If visiting the Museum of Modern Art, you get free admission (saved me $20 when I went to the Pixar exhibition in JAN 2006).

Anheuser-Busch Parks

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
118.jpg
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
Budweiser is hon
ored to salute the men and women of our armed forces and their families. Throughout 2008, members of the military and as many as three direct dependents may enter any one of Anheuser-Busch's SeaWorld, Busch Gardens or Sesame Place parks with a single-day complimentary admission.

For your service and sacrifice, we thank you. [/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Hero Salute Web Site[/FONT][/FONT]

Back