the Military Channel. New from Discovery

--
Boots

March 13th, 2005  
Redleg

Topic: the Military Channel. New from Discovery

I've redesigned the forum a bit, (As you've probably seen) and added some new banners here and there..

The Military Channel
(new from Discovery)
is going to have a 14 days long advertising campaign on the site and forum.

They have a few new shows coming up the next couple of weeks.
The first one is about the world famous US Navy's flight demonstration team, The Blue Angels.

I highly recommend you to visit their site.
You can find a lot of interesting info and videos there (at bottom of the first page).

Just click on one of their banners (they shouldn't be too hard to find) to find the site..
March 13th, 2005  
Charge 7

Yeah, it was always good but it's much improved since they've broadened their scope beyond aviation. The Battle of Roberts Ridge thread I started in the Military History forum is from the show on that channel.
March 13th, 2005  
Kilgore

Is this coming to Australia? I surely hope so.
--
Boots
March 13th, 2005  
Charge 7

If you had Discovery Wings channel you have the Military Channel now. Same channel except a broader format.
March 13th, 2005  
Kilgore

Doh, i just have the discovery channel... I didn't know that they have multiple channels.
March 14th, 2005  
A Can of Man

You almost need a discovery channel just to tell you what discovery channels are out there!
March 14th, 2005  
Kilgore

Well we aussies are hopeless with technology. Because we have companies like telstra monoplising telecom and cable TV... they like to keep channels minimum for high prices.
March 15th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
You almost need a discovery channel just to tell you what discovery channels are out there!
I only have Discovery at home now, but I hope to get a satellite dish this summer..
I'll try to get the Military Channel then, it looks promising..
March 15th, 2005  
CDTGaticaW201

Man. My mom won't let me get the Military Channel. We visited my aunt's though and she has the whole deal. I was glued to the TV for a solid 4 hours straight until we had to leave.

I watched their bits on the USMC Recruits on their way to becoming Marines, MEU's, The bit on Untold stories of the Green Berets, oh man it was some good stuff.
March 15th, 2005  
ARMYMOM

I have the Military channel for a couple of months now, very good programs and documentaries. I also have thru local cable (comcast) what they call "on demand" programming & there is a military section in there also. Good Times!