Military Academys

--

March 20th, 2005  
Joe252

Topic: Military Academys

I would like to know the Military academys website and Price.
March 20th, 2005  
CDTGaticaW201

Check the sticky. It depends on what branch you want to go in. There's the Naval Academy at Annapolis , the Military (Army) Academy at West Point, and the Air Force Academy in Colorado.

Should you receive an appointment, there's no tuition. I don't know much about the other academies, but at West Point, you basically pay off your education by serving in the Army on Active Duty for 5 years, Reserve for 3. If however, you make it past the first two years and drop out after making your "cow commitment," you'll owe the government 250,000 USD.

There is however, a deposit made to cover your uniforms and whatnot, at West Point, it's 2500 USD I believe, but other than that you actually receive a salary.

*IIRC*

I guess you can figure out where I plan on heading after high school . If you have any questions about West Point in particular, I'm pretty knowledgeable about it considering I'm not a cadet there. Otherwise, I've got a buttload of books about the USMA in my room I could check with.
May 10th, 2006  
MMA_Cadet

there is also Norwich University (a bit more hardcore than Texas A&M) http://www.norwich.edu
--
May 10th, 2006  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Annapolis also has a deposit of like $2000 as well for uniforms and whatnot. And I believe that Annapolis is something like a $300,000 education payable in 5 years of military service.