You Might Not Believe It, I'm Gonna Have to Sell My Horses :(

CanadianCowgirl

Yes, it's sad news for me, especially since one will be having a baby in April. I'm going to keep them long enough to show the baby in the Futurity, then put them up for sale.

You're probably wondering why, but if I keep my 3 horses I will NEVER be able to move out of my parent's house, unless I get married or something. I did live with my ex for nearly 3 years, we had more than enough barns for them, but with our breakup I landed at my parents house with 2 horses, one which I had just bread to a champion stallion from Texas.

My mom has even mentioned how tied down I am with them tho...they are a financial burden, and a work burden (I can NEVER spend a night away from home unless I hire someone to look after them).

So, I'm going to be selling them, then getting out on my own, and hopefully get a little house with a barn, and once I'm all settled I'll get a horse again. It's going to be tough, I've had my mare (the pregnant one) since I was 12, and I watched her being born, and she's not your usual horse..more like a dog. She comes when I call, and likes to give 'kisses'. She has the most personality I have ever seen in any horse before. My family adores her, so part of me is hoping they'll take her but my mom has health issues and has enough work with her own horse.

So this cowgirl might be without horses for awhile, in about a year's time. I'm hoping maybe I'll win the lottery between now and then...or marry a cowboy, haha.

1st Pic- Me and Shy (short for Cheyenne) my pregnant girl
2nd Pic- Me and Monty
3rd Pic- My senior pic, taken with Shy
4th Pic- My 2 babies, me on Shy, my mom on Monty

Attachments

• MenmyShy.jpg
    MenmyShy.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 7
  • MenMOnt.jpg
    MenMOnt.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 8
  • grad pic.jpg
    grad pic.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 11
  • WinterRiding.jpg
    WinterRiding.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 7
There comes a time for these.
As a guy who traveled so much... way too much... if you want to go, you have to leave things behind.

Thats terrible. i'm sorry about it, but we all know changes must occur for something new to happen. I am sure that it will work out well in the end.

As one door closes, another one opens....Keep your chin up. I know that the one horse is more like a family member though...Thats really rough.

Back