Is Michael Phelps a Cry Baby?

Because if he'd been wearing one of those suits, he probably wouldn't have lost the race... I didn't see Biedermann winning 8 gold medals at the Olympics..... It's not fair and you know it.

Now, on the subject of the suits themselves.... Anything short (or long) of a speedo is almost cheating in my book... It's not your swimming that's making you faster, it's your suit... That's not what swimming is. ESPECIALLY not at that level.

It doesn't make the slightest difference if everybody was wearing the suits ... the best swimmer would have won .. that's a given. That puts your comments in the 'moot' column.

Phelps is squawking because he lost P E R I O D !

It doesn't make the slightest difference if everybody was wearing the suits ... the best swimmer would have won .. that's a given. That puts your comments in the 'moot' column.

Phelps is squawking because he lost P E R I O D !
So tell me... If everyone in baseball used steroids, would you be okay with steroids?

Thinking about putting your comments in the "pay no heed to" column... It's a freaking discussion, reLAX.

I'm with the OG and Hendo. Plus I like OG's signature - very true! (Democracy can not be installed by a foreign country; the people must do it themselves.)

Apples and oranges .....

So tell me... If everyone in baseball used steroids, would you be okay with steroids?

Thinking about putting your comments in the "pay no heed to" column... It's a freaking discussion, reLAX.
As far as baseball, you are arguing apples and oranges. Suits are NOT the same as using dangerous drugs. That I would be against. The gains are NOT worth players playing drug suicide games with their lives.

BTW ... ROB, IT'S A FREAKING DISCUSSION ... :jump: I'M RELAXED :drink: ... AND ... I HAVE PLACED MY OPINION/COMMENT IN THIS THREAD AS PART OF THE DISCUSSION - IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY OPINION/COMMENT ... THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM, IT'S YOURS.

AS FAR AS THE "PAY NO HEED TO" ... :twisted: DO AS YOU DARN PLEASE - IT'S NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE.

^ You can have some of mine BD. I'm down here in the front row. Who do you have your money on - the salty Chief PO or the choirboy? :pirate2:

I was wondering when I see a fight on IMF - it's been 3 weeks since I've been back from the Gulf and all too peaceful.

OK go for it boys. I'll jump in if the opportunity arises. :twisted:

As far as baseball, you are arguing apples and oranges. Suits are NOT the same as using dangerous drugs. That I would be against. The gains are NOT worth players playing drug suicide games with their lives.
Cheating is cheating man. Might be on a different scale, but it's still using outside help to gain the edge over an opponent in a game supposed to be based on natural ability (like ALL sports). Be it a high performance suit, steroids, a different type of bat, some new type of boot (soccer), etc... Using something to gain the upper hand is CHEATING. It doesn't matter if "everybody's doing it" because it still takes away from the meaning of the sport.

BTW ... ROB, IT'S A FREAKING DISCUSSION ... :jump: I'M RELAXED :drink: ... AND ... I HAVE PLACED MY OPINION/COMMENT IN THIS THREAD AS PART OF THE DISCUSSION - IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY OPINION/COMMENT ... THAT IS NOT MY PROBLEM, IT'S YOURS.

AS FAR AS THE "PAY NO HEED TO" ... :twisted: DO AS YOU DARN PLEASE - IT'S NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE.

If this is you relaxed, I fear for those who know you in real life.

Perhaps if I posted every response in large, colored fonts and put a thumbs down as the post icon, I would be listened to more around here. :roll:

No skin off my nose .....

Cheating is cheating man. Might be on a different scale, but it's still using outside help to gain the edge over an opponent in a game supposed to be based on natural ability (like ALL sports). Be it a high performance suit, steroids, a different type of bat, some new type of boot (soccer), etc... Using something to gain the upper hand is CHEATING. It doesn't matter if "everybody's doing it" because it still takes away from the meaning of the sport.

Perhaps if I posted every response in large, colored fonts and put a thumbs down as the post icon, I would be listened to more around here. :roll:
I dislike people that don't know me, that snub me by making boneheaded commentaries on my opinions or comments. Since you DON'T know me, that makes you a bonehead when you try to judge me. Care to work towards someone who qualifies for a worse label.

Note: I don't "know" you .. but .. decided if you can judge me, then I can do the same where you are concerned. It's called a discussion and opinions are generally accepted as a part of a discussion.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Whether I am relaxed or not is none of your business and is NOT something that is a part of the participation in a discussion. IF you wish to ignore me, go ahead ... it is no skin off my nose and means I won't have to deal with your off topic posts any longer.

As far as the topic of THIS thread, it isn't cheating IF all of the participants agree to use the latest technology and make use of the technology WHEN THEY DO PARTICIPATE.

I would be against ANYTHING which endangers the life or health of the sports participant/competitor.

As far as me using print enhancements, we have had this conversation many times. As long as you use it conservatively to highlight a portion of the post, there is nothing wrong with that. It's when the entire post OR most of the post is highlighted, that there is a problem.

BTW - Don't like this ... then just skip reading the post ... it's THAT easy. I WON'T be changing MY posting habits just because YOU have a problem with it.

I dislike people that don't know me, that snub me by making boneheaded commentaries on my opinions or comments. Since you DON'T know me, that makes you a bonehead when you try to judge me. Care to work towards someone who qualifies for a worse label.

Note: I don't "know" you .. but .. decided if you can judge me, then I can do the same where you are concerned. It's called a discussion and opinions are generally accepted as a part of a discussion.
So I'm judging you? LMAO. Brilliant. I haven't laughed that hard since Chukpike's last post. :roll:
Whether I am relaxed or not is none of your business and is NOT something that is a part of the participation in a discussion. IF you wish to ignore me, go ahead ... it is no skin off my nose and means I won't have to deal with your off topic posts any longer.
Oh, I'm sorry... I wasn't aware I was posting off the topic... I could've SWORN the topic was Michael Phelps and the use of "fast suits" in competitive swimming.... PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong about that.
As far as the topic of THIS thread, it isn't cheating IF all of the participants agree to use the latest technology and make use of the technology WHEN THEY DO PARTICIPATE.

I would be against ANYTHING which endangers the life or health of the sports participant/competitor.
Which would be impossible because certain competitors endorse certain brands, so they would either have to wait on their brand to come up with the technology, or not wear it at all, putting them at a disadvantage... Regardless of what any one of us thinks, FINA is banning the suit next year ANYWAY. :D +1 for Purists.
As far as me using print enhancements, we have had this conversation many times. As long as you use it conservatively to highlight a portion of the post, there is nothing wrong with that. It's when the entire post OR most of the post is highlighted, that there is a problem.

BTW - Don't like this ... then just skip reading the post ... it's THAT easy. I WON'T be changing MY posting habits just because YOU have a problem with it.
I actually don't believe I've ever had the print enhancement conversation with you, Chief... Juss sayin'.

Henderson, you have changed son. You're cutting a very bad figure on here of late. The man you are arguing with and talking to as though you are his equal spent the better part of his life in uniform serving your country. I would treat the Chief with a bit more respect. Padre and I tried to drop you a subtle hint but I guess its fallen on deaf ears. Good luck to you son.

*shrug* I'll not be talked down upon simply because someone chose to serve in the military. I'm tired of it. I show respect, but I show it out of common courtesy. I can be a lot LESS respectful. But just because he chose to join doesn't mean he can call me a bonehead for making a comment on his statements. (Notice no names came from my mouth)

Whatever, *some* seniority respect would be alright.
It's not like he's been trolling you or anything, just disagreeing.

As for the rest of us, it's alright, he's new to college (late teens, early 20's anyway) and we were all stupid back then. Henderson's got his own right to be stupid for a while.
If you think I'm being mean, just wait a few more years and you'll be doing this:
picard-facepalm.jpg

Every time you look back.

It's the name calling and the over-reacting that gets me, 13... And believe me, I do that some already. LOL

I'm sorry, Chief... I don't mean to come off as rude... I think it's just the fact that over the internet, post enhancements seem a lot bigger and more expressive than if we were having this conversation in real life. But on the other side of the coin, I'm probably not being as big of a bonehead as you think I am.

Back