mello looking for Reign Blackburn

mello

Post; Looking for Reign Blackburn

I was able to find this site through a search engine and am responding to a thread (which you can find at the bottom).

I am looking for Reign Scott Blackburn, he knows me as 'mello'. He and I met in Hawaii and fell in love. Our relationship was brief but long enough to decide we wanted to add to our family (I had a 2 year old daughter at the time) and we created another. He left where we lived in Kailua-Kona, then I left the island (5 mos pregnant) and eventually returned to NH to raise my kids.

Reign has a daughter, a little girl who he has never met. Her name is Vanessa and she will be 2 years old in March. Reign is a beautiful man inside and out and I wish I had been strong enough to be there for him to take his PTSD meds (he went off them about 2 months in, and didn't tell me right away). Maybe I could have saved him from the casual drugs and alcohol. We were on the same spiritual level in the beginning, I swear it felt like it was my fate to make a baby with him. But quickly, his meds/drugs ruled his every action and took the utmost priority. I had to first protect my daughter and stabilize her life and mine, plus prepare for the coming baby.

My oldest daughter's dad helped me get through Vanessa's pregnancy, but the reality is that I have been single since I lost Reign. A lot is because I still hurt so badly that I lost a great love and friend - and I have taken away from him another child. I do wish things had turned out differently. The girls and I are doing well, we live a stable life in a happy home, just the three of us (and some pets).

If anyone knows where Reign may be, please email me through the forum or you can find me and share on myspace.com/threesweetchicks Thank you. My real name is Mandy.

I know it is tough for you, too. You have all been through a lot and you go through a lot every day. I wish you all the very best and a happy holiday. Love. :santa:

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth79
i met Staff Sar Reign Blackburn of the US Army Rangers (ret) at a church function earlier this year. he was a drug user as an early teen but then was saved by the girl he loved at his church youth group events. this girl was also the reverend's daughter. they later got married and had a child.

he entered the military as a chaplain. while he was stationed in germany, he was away on a field op and he got word that his wife and child died in a car accident. after learning this, he snapped. he was mad at himself, at his life, and especially God. he quit being a chaplain and became a full blown ranger airborne where he saw action in bosnia, in iraq during the gulf war, and was one of the rangers at Somalia during the infamous Black Hawk Down story.

during this time, he was an animal. he had no cares, no worries, and no concience. during one of the battles he was in, he heard a PFC praying to God not to let him die. he yelled out, "God cant save you. only your rifle can save you. point your weapon and fire." he was one of those people who wished he would just die but for some reason he wouldnt. he was hit 3 times by gunfire, took shrapnel shards to the legs and arms, and was even hit by an AA round as he was parachuting. he has a dent in his chest that you can fit your fist in from the AA round. his heart has moved over in his chest and his rib cage was shattered. yet he lived. he begged to God to just let him die, but for some reason, he didnt. he left this military after awhile and since then has been on meds for his flashbacks and sleepwalking and all that stuff.

one day as he was walking around the beach, he heard a minister preaching on the boardwalk and he mentioned something that his wife told him before he accepted God into his life. (he didnt tell me what it was). right then he broke down into tears and went up to the preacher. since then he has worked with troubled youth in the area to help set them straight. he has recently moved to hawaii where they are expanding their program.

he finally realized why God didnt let him die. his mission wasnt accomplished yet.

i will forever remember this man.

welcome back.......... i looked and this guy doesn't exist in any military database that I have found.

Last edited:
Blackburn

I know Reign Blackburn A.K.A. ..... ......... all to well, as behemoth79 remarked about him, I know exactly who he is. Served with the Army Rangers, lost his wife and child to a car accident while serving, man of faith, and now lost. What a tragic story. You will find him by another name that I will not disclose. He suffers from PTSD, and has experienced hardships that anyone would run from. I hold tears back hearing that name again. Try looking him up in Miami. Last I knew, He was there. He burried his mother there when he was discharged and I haven't seen him since. I pray for him, he was a good friend, and I would only hope the best for him.

Hello again everyone. Just taking another long shot here. I'm still trying to find Reign Scott Blackburn - if anyone here knows how to get in touch with him, or is willing to forward the link to this post, I would be grateful. He may not be able to find me through searching my full name on Facebook (privacy settings), he can link directly to my page at www.facebook.com/threesweetchicks and add me as a friend or send me a message. I've tried to find him in Miami, I know that's where his mother lived. The last I heard he was in California, that was a couple of years ago. Thank you....

Vanessa is almost 4 years old now. She is a beautiful, healthy, happy and an exceptionally social little girl. She has big blue eyes and beautiful blonde curly hair and is so much fun to be around. Oh, and she has some awesome musical talent (like making up songs that no one has ever heard before, a story that has rhythm). I know she didn't get that from me. haha. She has started to ask me questions..about who her daddy is. I have not told her anything and she has never known a "dad" but my fear is that it will start to bother her more and more as she gets older. I'm just looking for a little resolution.

If you (Reign) have any interest in knowing more or getting to know Vanessa...I don't hate you. I am stronger now than I have ever been and can handle (and support) a relationship between the two of you. If you want nothing, could you somehow let me know?

Thank you all for your support and any help in getting a message to Reign. :salute2: Peace be with you.

For a recent picture of Vanessa...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1327276&l=fc48bbe4f2&id=1663002474

Hey Mello!

It's me, Cate. I see that this thread is pretty old, so I hope that you are notified of this comment, but I'd love it if you emailed me.

hilocate@gmail.com

Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Back