Me in combats about to leave on FTX 15/3/08

Cdt Matteo

n634656776_1768.jpg

This is me Saturday March 15th 2008. I'm about to go on an FTX (Field Training eXercise) with my Army Cadets. I'm in full combat.

Yeh it was fun, hard though.
Army radios are the best. All the call signs and the phonetic alphabet are pretty fun to say. Kept forgetting to say my call sign though...
We did other stuff, but the PT was the worst. We do PT every month but this day was the hardest since you would eat your ration, then you would do PT just after.
Those rations were terrible. Everything had steak in it except for sweat and sour pork.
Getting woken up was the funniest thing ever. One of the officers turned on the lights and flip a garbage can and bang in with a stick till we all woke up.

Sonny, one day you will wake up at the sound of the door knob going "click."
Yeah, PT can be pretty tough. I'm good at all of them except the few that use your knees exclusively. I got a bit of a chronic knee problem that won't go away. I can run, jump etc etc but it's got issues when I bend it over 90 degrees. That's when you know, you're in the Marines.

Ah man, I got terrible problems in my knees aswell. It takes double the pain endurance than your average joe for me to do hard PT that involves a lot of usage of my knees. I have bad knees inhereted from my ma. Guess God did a shoddy job on us:p, jk Big Man. Oh well, I don't complain, I just do what I'm told while biting my lip.

If spew means puke, for the first time we did it on a full stomach that weekend it just kept bouncing from the stomach to the mouth. Then I got used to it. The rest of times it stopped or I just didn't notice it.

Back