Marine Waiver

bensma2006

I need to receive a waiver for a theft charge. I have talked to a recruiter and the basic answer was no. No waivers at this time. The charge is only a misdemeanor by civilian court but since I was initially charged with a felony and plead down to a misdemeanor the Marines considers it a felony. This was over six years ago and I didn't steal anything or even know about it but I was scared when I was dragged into court at 18 being told I was going to jail for a year if i didn't sign the plea agreement. That is why I signed it. The friend that stole the money and has the exact same charge on his record is currently in the Marines but joined over a year ago. I also have the police report which includes his written statement that he admits he was the one who stole the money($40). I'm looking for any kind of insight I can get to help me receive the waiver PLEASE HELP.

It's a different time. Those that were getting in even 6 months ago may find it difficult now. Recruiting numbers are up, people are still flowing into the recruiting offices.

You can try talking to another recruiter and see if he's willing to at least try for you, but don't be heartbroken if he says "no" as well. Even the Army, with all of the personnel they require, is turning people away.

Sorry I don't have more upbeat news.

Back