Is the Marine Corps going to adopt the XM8




 
--
 
May 21st, 2005  
FutureDevilDog
 
 

Topic: Is the Marine Corps going to adopt the XM8


I just wanted to know if they were going to adopt the XM8 like the Army

Thanks
May 21st, 2005  
FO Seaman
 
 
No the US Military has dropped that weapon, due to design problems that H&K would not fix.
May 21st, 2005  
Uncle_Sam
 
 
They did?! When did that happen?
--
May 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man
 
 
Thats just crazy.
I think US troops need a shorter rifle.
May 22nd, 2005  
Sea_Cadet
 
the L-85 works for me, you still have the use of a bayonet, and the bayonet is what can win the day. Cold steel.
May 22nd, 2005  
hicks
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Thats just crazy.
I think US troops need a shorter rifle.
What? The M-4 is a perfect size and weight.
May 22nd, 2005  
LIBERTY
 
 
What!?!? They did?
May 22nd, 2005  
c/Commander
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea_Cadet
the L-85 works for me, you still have the use of a bayonet, and the bayonet is what can win the day. Cold steel.
Ugh the SA80 is terrrrrible...I have no idea why the UK still uses it. besides whats the use of a bayonet if the weapon is as short as the SA80 is...plus the bullpup deisgn puts your hand in the way of a return bayonet strike.
May 22nd, 2005  
FutureDevilDog
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet Airman Adam Seaman
No the US Military has dropped that weapon, due to design problems that H&K would not fix.
Thank God!!
May 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man
 
 
SA80... got to be the worst assault rifle design of any modern Army.
Purely right handed
Pointlessly short for a bayoneted rifle