Go to this link and watch video

http://youtu.be/mn0KBzK2Kho
December 19th, 2014  
JRotc_cadet

M16 explodes

http://youtu.be/Oh1lyMyejpI
December 20th, 2014  
-- Dusty

In both videos the round was not properly chambered. This is when the bolt does not seat the bullet or itself correctly.
--
December 21st, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -- Dusty
In both videos the round was not properly chambered. This is when the bolt does not seat the bullet or itself correctly.
It also doesn't help that in both help they appear not to entirely know the ins and outs of the weapon. This of course is only a general observation, and they could be excellent marksmen. However, it's usually a bad idea to continue to attempt to fire a weapon that has been jammed.
December 24th, 2014  
-- Dusty

Yeah, that too.And if a gun misfires like that, you'd think they'd let it cook off for 5 or so minutes.

Take care of your gun and it'll take care of you. Abuse it and it won't be there when ya need it.
December 24th, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
Yeah, that too.And if a gun misfires like that, you'd think they'd let it cook off for 5 or so minutes.

Take care of your gun and it'll take care of you. Abuse it and it won't be there when ya need it.
Well yeah, that's the basics of handling a firearm. And the thing is, personally I've never had a weapon jam up on me like that. But then again, I keep my firearms clean so...
December 24th, 2014  
-- Dusty

I've had a gun jam on me before. Cleaning is important, but sometimes it's a bad primer or bad powder. It's a real PIA to get a bullet out of a barrel when the primer was good but the powder wasn't.
December 24th, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
I've had a gun jam on me before. Cleaning is important, but sometimes it's a bad primer or bad powder. It's a real PIA to get a bullet out of a barrel when the primer was good but the powder wasn't.
Oh of course. The only time I had a gun not fire on me was I went to fire a black powder revolver and didn't realize the primer had fallen off. There was a click and nothing happened. I got to looking and after ten minutes of staring realized that there wasn't anything to ignite the powder. I had a "here's your sign" moment.
December 24th, 2014  
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytanker
Oh of course. The only time I had a gun not fire on me was I went to fire a black powder revolver and didn't realize the primer had fallen off. There was a click and nothing happened. I got to looking and after ten minutes of staring realized that there wasn't anything to ignite the powder. I had a "here's your sign" moment.
That's why you usually give a pistol cap a little pinch.
December 24th, 2014  
MikeP

Standard drill in training or range situation was to announce, "Misfire-wait 30 seconds." Never try to open an action in less time than this.
Lots of old surplus ammo will do this.
Idiots treating real weapons like kids toys with no real understanding or training.