M1 grand explodes while shooting - Page 2

--

December 24th, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
That's why you usually give a pistol cap a little pinch.
Yup. I was young when I did this, maybe h fifteen or so. I ain't know any better. And it was so obvious, but I remember distinctly staring at the lack of a primer and not thinking anything was wrong.
December 24th, 2014  
-- Dusty

This will sound crazy, but how do you handle a misfire in combat?
December 25th, 2014  
Yossarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeP
Standard drill in training or range situation was to announce, "Misfire-wait 30 seconds." Never try to open an action in less time than this.
Lots of old surplus ammo will do this.
Idiots treating real weapons like kids toys with no real understanding or training.

That's why if I don't know it, I don't touch it! Looking cool trying to handle something you don't know how to properly handle is a dumb excuse to injure yourself or kill a buddy. Sadly I know a few instances of such from a few firearms enthusiasts...
--
December 25th, 2014  
crazytanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by -- Dusty
If you can safely unjam the weapon without exposing yourself for too long, great, do it. But of screwing with the weapon is going to get you shot, well you might want to find something else.
December 25th, 2014  
Kesse81

Quote:
Originally Posted by -- Dusty
Happened to my 1st Sergeant once. He laid down his weapon and pulled out his handgun instead. We called him General Patton from then on.