Lowering the Flag

tetvet

Banned
Camp Leatherneck and Camp Bastion the Flags have been lowered for the last time and the facilities have been turned over to the Afghans , then what ? Afghan has no Air Force or does it .

Camp Leatherneck and Camp Bastion the Flags have been lowered for the last time and the facilities have been turned over to the Afghans , then what ? Afghan has no Air Force or does it .

The Afghan Air Force was official recreated in 2008 and they do have a number of fixed wing transport and light aircraft along with quite a sizable collection of helicopter transports and gunships.

They are also supposedly going to begin receiving the first of around 20 attack aircraft this year.

I hope it works out for them but it reminds me of when we pulled out of Vietnam we left them with an Air Force a Navy a Mechanized military , didn't work out .

I see the British are also pulling out. Its about time, too many young men from all nations have died fighting in that hell hole.

I hope it works out for them but it reminds me of when we pulled out of Vietnam we left them with an Air Force a Navy a Mechanized military , didn't work out .

I guess at some point Afghanistan does have to stand on its own two feet we just cant keep pumping lives and money into the place with no end.

Back