Love this guy

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8gkODPwcc&feature=player_detailpage"]Dad Shoots Daughters Laptop Over Facebook Post (OMG) - YouTube[/ame]

Saw this on the front page of my homepage.

I love this guy, some of you maybe dumbfounded why a 19 year American teenager would like this.

But listening to the whole thing, even I was wishing I had this guy's daughter's place.

A laptop? An new phone? I'd love clean my parents house for that when I was 16.

It begets me how so many young Americans often digress to this behavior.

Cleaning and daily chores are not really work, least to myself. What is a chore in childhood is 9 times out of 10 a responsibility as an adult.

I do not have the luxury to live with my parents, and in all honesity unless you have a huge trust fund somewhere, if you don't get along well with your parents (unless it's a hostile situation), than chances are you won't do well with your first roomate wherever you end up.

I don't partake in typical social media like facebook so I can't really say anything there. ( IMF is better quality :p.)

Even during the time I was unemployed, still found work, mowing pastures ,replacing oil pans to clearing property.

Still paid my bills.

And yea school sucks, but if there is to be any hope for this young "lady" she will have to learn how to study while on break at work.

You gotta do what you gotta do, welcome to adulthood, somtimes it comes early for some of us.

Sometimes tragically late...

May this girl learn from this experiace.

Last edited:
A bit dramatic,... but justifiable I suppose.

Personally I would have sanitized the hard drive and given it to some deserving kid with a need for it.

A bit dramatic,... but justifiable I suppose.

Personally I would have sanitized the hard drive and given it to some deserving kid with a need for it.

Being as that was my first hope... I'd like a nice laptop...

But seemingly this suits as well. It's troubling at times trying to work with my "peers" like this man's daughter at times, when you know they are inteligent and have the character to be kind and respectful but soley choose not to. : /

Being as that was my first hope... I'd like a nice laptop...

But seemingly this suits as well. It's troubling at times trying to work with my "peers" like this man's daughter at times, when you know they are inteligent and have the character to be kind and respectful but soley choose not to. : /
There are a lot of people in this world (not only kids), who really have no appreciation for how well off they are. I am by no means "wealthy", but all of my computers (half a dozen or so in 20 years), and two laptops have been handed down less fortunate kids, and adults.

There's always someone who will appreciate them.

Last edited:
There are a lot of people in this world (not only kids), who really have no appreciation for how well off they are. I am by no means "wealthy", but all of my computers (half a dozen or so in 20 years), and two laptops have been handed down less fortunate kids, and adults.

There's always someone who will appreciate them.

Those people need to multiply.

And I need to better imitate them, always shall I pursue to become a better person.

That was GREAT!!! I love the guy too, Yossarian! I don't even have kids and I am SO sick and tired of the sense of entitlement that so many teenagers have these days. I think the girl's dad handled it very well. Obviously he was not just disgusted and disappointed....he was also hurt. She owes her parents a HUGE apology.

I would say that was justified. Sometimes the tough love approach is the only one that gets through to some people these days.

Just watched the video - looks like this bloke may be a late runner for the US presidency - tells it like it is.
I'd like to be a fly on the wall wen his daughter discovers the laptop!

I kept telling my boys that what they are enjoying now, is the effort and good work put in by their elders and they should learn to cherish it.

Youngsters nowadays are fortunate, very fortunate...

Well, I'd have to say that daddy is pretty tolerant. When I was a kid, I had a computer. But I bought it with money I earned. I worked hard as a kid. I had some time to play like a kid, but 3/4 of the time I was working. Bucking hay, setting fence, tending cattle, irrigating....THEN when that work was done I was taking care of the yard and garden the elderly lady next door had. I paid for my clothing, my school supplies, and then my mom would "borrow" money so she could go to the bar or get cigarettes. That girl has it so easy. Man, that would have been heaven for me!

Just saw this the other day. A local TV station (in TX!) tried to make him out to be a right wing, redneck, gun nut - I though he came across well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some liberal group (ACLU) take action against him - if so we need to support him.

“Among other evils that being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised.” Machiavelli

Just saw this the other day. A local TV station (in TX!) tried to make him out to be a right wing, redneck, gun nut - I though he came across well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some liberal group (ACLU) take action against him - if so we need to support him.

“Among other evils that being unarmed brings you, it causes you to be despised.” Machiavelli

Update: Child Protective Service came to his home and found nothing.
The local Police also "investigated" - they were almost apologetic and (according to the report I saw) thanked the guy for his message.

Back