Love this guy




 
--
Love this guy
 
February 10th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 

Topic: Love this guy


Love this guy
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx8gkODPwcc&feature=player_detailpage"]Dad Shoots Daughters Laptop Over Facebook Post (OMG) - YouTube[/ame]

Saw this on the front page of my homepage.


I love this guy, some of you maybe dumbfounded why a 19 year American teenager would like this.

But listening to the whole thing, even I was wishing I had this guy's daughter's place.

A laptop? An new phone? I'd love clean my parents house for that when I was 16.

It begets me how so many young Americans often digress to this behavior.

Cleaning and daily chores are not really work, least to myself. What is a chore in childhood is 9 times out of 10 a responsibility as an adult.

I do not have the luxury to live with my parents, and in all honesity unless you have a huge trust fund somewhere, if you don't get along well with your parents (unless it's a hostile situation), than chances are you won't do well with your first roomate wherever you end up.

I don't partake in typical social media like facebook so I can't really say anything there. ( IMF is better quality .)

Even during the time I was unemployed, still found work, mowing pastures ,replacing oil pans to clearing property.

Still paid my bills.

And yea school sucks, but if there is to be any hope for this young "lady" she will have to learn how to study while on break at work.

You gotta do what you gotta do, welcome to adulthood, somtimes it comes early for some of us.

Sometimes tragically late...

May this girl learn from this experiace.
February 10th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
A bit dramatic,... but justifiable I suppose.

Personally I would have sanitized the hard drive and given it to some deserving kid with a need for it.
February 10th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
A bit dramatic,... but justifiable I suppose.

Personally I would have sanitized the hard drive and given it to some deserving kid with a need for it.
Being as that was my first hope... I'd like a nice laptop...

But seemingly this suits as well. It's troubling at times trying to work with my "peers" like this man's daughter at times, when you know they are inteligent and have the character to be kind and respectful but soley choose not to. : /
--
Love this guy
February 10th, 2012  
senojekips
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
Being as that was my first hope... I'd like a nice laptop...

But seemingly this suits as well. It's troubling at times trying to work with my "peers" like this man's daughter at times, when you know they are inteligent and have the character to be kind and respectful but soley choose not to. : /
There are a lot of people in this world (not only kids), who really have no appreciation for how well off they are. I am by no means "wealthy", but all of my computers (half a dozen or so in 20 years), and two laptops have been handed down less fortunate kids, and adults.

There's always someone who will appreciate them.
February 11th, 2012  
Yossarian
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by senojekips
There are a lot of people in this world (not only kids), who really have no appreciation for how well off they are. I am by no means "wealthy", but all of my computers (half a dozen or so in 20 years), and two laptops have been handed down less fortunate kids, and adults.

There's always someone who will appreciate them.
Those people need to multiply.

And I need to better imitate them, always shall I pursue to become a better person.
February 11th, 2012  
jillyz12
 
 
That was GREAT!!! I love the guy too, Yossarian! I don't even have kids and I am SO sick and tired of the sense of entitlement that so many teenagers have these days. I think the girl's dad handled it very well. Obviously he was not just disgusted and disappointed....he was also hurt. She owes her parents a HUGE apology.
February 11th, 2012  
bigcanada813
 
 
I would say that was justified. Sometimes the tough love approach is the only one that gets through to some people these days.
February 11th, 2012  
fireoverwater
 
Just watched the video - looks like this bloke may be a late runner for the US presidency - tells it like it is.
I'd like to be a fly on the wall wen his daughter discovers the laptop!
February 11th, 2012  
viper2007
 
 
I kept telling my boys that what they are enjoying now, is the effort and good work put in by their elders and they should learn to cherish it.

Youngsters nowadays are fortunate, very fortunate...
February 11th, 2012  
-- Dusty
 
 
Well, I'd have to say that daddy is pretty tolerant. When I was a kid, I had a computer. But I bought it with money I earned. I worked hard as a kid. I had some time to play like a kid, but 3/4 of the time I was working. Bucking hay, setting fence, tending cattle, irrigating....THEN when that work was done I was taking care of the yard and garden the elderly lady next door had. I paid for my clothing, my school supplies, and then my mom would "borrow" money so she could go to the bar or get cigarettes. That girl has it so easy. Man, that would have been heaven for me!
 


Similar Topics
A Day in Hell
Why do guys have to be such jerks?
THE BECKY (long)
Boondock Saints
All's fair in love and war