Looking for information on removing RE-4

hakudo44

I enlisted the summer of my Senior year in high school with the Navy, since I swsa 5 I dreamed of serving. Unfortunately, due to my youth and stupidity I never took it seriously enough. I shipped out, got to basic, and panicked, during the moment of truth I divulged information my recruiter advised to keep secret, and then I was foolish enough to say that I no longer wished to remain enlisted. I was discharged under honoable conditions yet slapped with RE-4. I'm 26 now and in all honesty my life has progressively gotten worse since that day. The thought of serving my country and protecting those closest to me was the driving force that got me through the days when I was younger.

To cut a long story short, I want back in, no I need back in. There's nothing left here for me, and serving was the only thing that I ever looked forward to, therefore I am on this site, hoping to find the information I need to remove my RE-4 and hopefully get back in, because in all honesty I don't know how much longer I will last in civillian life.

Thanks,
someone trying to do something with his life

Welcome to the forum. From what little that I know, you might be able to join the Army National Guard. Other ways to serve. I figure if you have a job and do it to the best of your ability, what's wrong with that. When I got out of the Army in 1974, I got a job working in a fiberglass shop building boats for $3.25/hr. It was smelly, itchy, nasty, no one else wanted to do it. Eventually, though I stuck with it, learned a lot and in 1994 I started my own company building boats of my own design. I retired a year ago, and lease my old company and even have a company in Europe that builds boats of my design under license. What ever you do for work, be the best and try to learn everything you can. I figure that I had a hand in building hundreds of boats from row boats to 46' million dollar yachts. Hope the people that own them enjoy them. Do your best, that's all you can do.

Back