London attacks?

My Heart and Prayers go out to all, this is such a tragedy best wishes to the people of London and my prayers are with the victims and their families, may God Bless you all

Whispering Death said:
Well I send all my condolences to the Brittish people.

That being said, from a millitary history standpoint I am interested to see how the Brittish people react. We know that the Americans react to an attack by fierce and decisive action, the Spanish reacted to their attack by pulling inward, I am interested to see how the English people react since this is the first big act of terrorism they've had in quite a while.

We will handle it with our usual stoicism, good humour and resolve, we are not unfamilar with acts of terrorism. :salute2:

Starker said:
My Heart and Prayers go out to all, this is such a tragedy best wishes to the people of London and my prayers are with the victims and their families, may God Bless you all
Thanks Starker

Found a good article in Haaretz

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/597656.html

Whilst the U.K. has faced a variety of terrorist threats in the past, a unique combination of factors - namely the global reach, capability, resilience, sophistication, ambition and lack of restraint of Al-Qaida and associated groups from around the world - place the current threat on a scale not previously encountered."

The above words were not written by a security analyst but by an official from Britain's security service, MI-5, on the service's official Web site. The citizens of Britain were warned, in a routine manner, to be prepared for simultaneous Qaida-style terror attacks, in the form of suicide bombings or remote-detonated devices; the public transportation system, particularly the Underground, was named as a likely target. MI-5 experts even took the trouble to explain to the British public the difference between the controlled-deadliness of the IRA and the indiscriminate cruelty of the followers of Osama bin-Laden.
Advertisement

The terror attacks in London yesterday reflect, therefore, a resounding failure on the part of the British intelligence community: It functions on the basis of a constant alert, but was unable to come up with a specific warning that would have led to the exposure and foiling of the plot.

Serial attacks such as those yesterday require precise planning, the deployment of underground cells, the recruitment of activists (and suicide bombers too, so it appears), the acquisition of explosives and the constructing of devices, transportation arrangements and more - and all under the nose of MI-5, the Metropolitan Police, MI-6 and Military Intelligence.

The British security failure will keep commissions of inquiry busy. And the failure will be even more stinging if Tony Blair was relying on solid information when he said, just three hours after the blasts, that the attacks were intended to coincide directly with the G-8 summit.

Last month, a high-ranking Israeli Military Intelligence officer, an expert in Islamic Jihad, was asked what his colleagues in the West have been asking themselves: Why hasn't there been a mega-attack against an American target since September 11, 2001? Or more precisely: Is the reason for the lack of such an attack an Al-Qaida decision to concentrate efforts on easier targets, or is it a sign of the weakness of the organization, which had only one trump card to play and nothing with which to follow up?

No one, admits the intelligence officer, knows the answer; but one can assume that two partial reasons include the diversion of attention to Iraq, and Al-Qaida's organizational weakness. The U.S. stronghold in Iraq is a magnet for terror - terror that is being channeled toward Baghdad and not Boston.

The antiquated description of Al-Qaida as something of a spread-out but controlled network of franchises, the McDonald's of terror, was perhaps a little exaggerated, the Israeli intelligence official said; if this corporation has a central management, it has had a hard time maintaining contact with the extensions.

When confirmed information about the London attacks is accumulated, we will see just how correct this assumption was, because Al-Qaida may have found within itself just enough strength to put together one select unit for special assignments, away from the British cells under surveillance, and make do with one or two quality attacks each year - Madrid, Istanbul, London.

The July 2005 "blitz" on the banks of the Thames, worse than anything that has befallen Israel's cities, found London at the center of international and European attention (the G-8 summit, the presidency of the EU and the hosting of the 2012 Olympics), and also in the well-known situation of being the elderly and weak sister of a strong United States. American secrets that are kept from all strangers are revealed to the British, the Canadians and the Australians; and if they are really, really confidential - to the British only.

Blair didn't need yesterday's attacks to realize that the lessons learned by Bush on September 11 remain valid: The war against the global jihad cannot be won by means of defense and security only. It is a war to the bitter end that requires the West to go from country to country, territory to territory, quarter to quarter to eradicate terror and those who sponsor it. This, among other things, is more bad news for Syria, Hezbollah, Iran and Hamas.

Bush, Blair and bin-Laden (with all due respect to Ariel Sharon, Mahmoud Abbas, Ayatollah Khamenei and Vladimir Putin) are the central figures of the first and decisive decade of the 21st century - a decade that saw the fading of the illusion that turning a blind eye will eliminate the danger.

Snauhi said:
Redleg said:
38 confirmed killed now.. :?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4661059.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/

My condolences to the British people and all others involved in this tragic and barbaric act of terror

it will be alot more..... its 38 only in one bus... and think how many its in a train.

Brittish goverment dont want to say the real figure because it will probably cause panic.

I have just recieved an udate from BBC television so far 50 dead and still searching

My sincere condolences to those who've suffered and lost in London. And a heartfelt nasty wink at al Que'da. You thought you had it bad now, well John Bull is not to be trifled with! They'll pay - and in spades.

That was a good article Snauhi, thanks for posting it. My thoughts go out to London and all those who are affected by this act of war. The United Kingdom is going to show those fascist pig terrorist a thing or two now, they can be sure of that. And lots of prayers to all affected to continue on now that this has happened.

Among the missing:

SHAHARA A ISLAM

BEHNAZ MOZAKKA

How ironic. Here for all to see that al Que' da stands for death and death to all. Even if you are a Muslim. No pretences here about striking the heart of America by hitting the Twin Towers and so any Muslims in the way of that are sacrifices. You can't call a train station or a double decker bus the heart of Britain. Dear to the heart to be sure, but not emblematic. The Muslims that died there were just as insignificant to them as anybody else not in al Que' da. I'd like to see any of those here who've said as much before, now say these people are "freedom fighters".

I can't remember the exact phrase of Zarqawi, but it was something about any Muslim who lives with or deals with infidels are themselves infidels and will suffer the same fate.

man....if terriosts really just want to get some attention from the rest of the world, they should give a call like telling where bombs are before the explosion (as many other orgnizations did to not harm innocent people, and get their voice out)

Like they said that the bombs that were used were to small, highest 4.5kg, the could have done more damedge then that.

cokeisthebest said:
man....if terriosts really just want to get some attention from the rest of the world, they should give a call like telling where bombs are before the explosion (as many other orgnizations did to not harm innocent people, and get their voice out)

You have no clue about al-Quaida do you? Their message IS to kill westerners!

As for the middle-easten cultured dead, yeah, one of the stops right before the blast was in the arab part of town. I'm unsure whether this was the plan or whether the bomb detonated late. The 3 subway bombs blew up at 8:50 but the buss bomb didn't detonate until 9:47. Given that al-Quaida are fans of simultanious attacks, it would seem reasonable to inference that the bus bomb might have accidentally been set for ~9:50 instead of 8:50.

you know like Irish Republican Army, a feared terriosts orgnization,would give a call of where the bomb was and when would it explode so no innocent people would die, and IRA could get their messege out.

Back