Live Mines and Torture in Marine basics???

Focus Fate

Alright, I've heard some of this stuff that in the Marines you have to cross a live mine field using what you've been taught, and also that if you have any MOS that involves combat you go through 'torture training' after basics and have to 'escape' and even sign a waiver for any broken bones and stuff. Now I can believe the survival training (the torture stuff). But I think that mine field thing is bullshit. I've only heard it from one person and haven't read either of these. I know there are people from the Corps on this forum so I figured I'd ask because some people are full of BS and others think they know it all and most of the time its just that they're mistaken. Thanks. Oorah!

Oh yea. Did he tell you about the one where they lock you in a bunker with poisonous gas, and you have 9 SECONDS to get your gas mask on COMPLETELY and PROPERLY or you'll slip into a coma. They also beat you with axe handles if you do something wrong. No sh*t.

FutureRANGER said:
Oh yea. Did he tell you about the one where they lock you in a bunker with poisonous gas, and you have 9 SECONDS to get your gas mask on COMPLETELY and PROPERLY or you'll slip into a coma. They also beat you with axe handles if you do something wrong. No sh*t.

:lol:

Redleg said:
FutureRANGER said:

:lol:

We had a couple people freakout when we did the CS room....but no comas.

lol this stuff is too funny.

Also there is this exercise where you and your squadmates have to hold a log over your heads and the log is tied to a live grenade, if you guys drop the log it pulls the pin and the grenade goes off.

Gee why do we do this to the young in our society? Why?

Because they did it to us...and we get to pass it on !

we cast the bait..set the hook...and we reeled them in lol

:D

Mark Conley said:
Gee why do we do this to the young in our society? Why?

Because they did it to us...and we get to pass it on !

we cast the bait..set the hook...and we reeled them in lol

:D
and its fun

Back