Let it be known.

CIkari17

Hello everyone,

I am new in these forums and would like to clear something up right away. My father is 3/4 Japanese, which obviously makes me just under half. I am intensely proud of my Japanese heritage, and would never disrespect it for the world. That being said it is very important to me that everyone in this forum know something: I am completely and passionately OUTRAGED by the atrocities committed by Imperial Japan during WWII2. I say this knowing full well the horrors which took place on the Korean and Chinese mainlands, as well as the rest of the Pacific. The comfort women, murdering civilians, the disgraceful way P.O.Ws were treated/tortured, and the cowardly attack on Pearl Harbor. I feel it is important for someone of Japanese decent (even though I'm American and PROUD of it) to acknowledge these war crimes, and the shame that was brought on this beautiful culture because of them.

So in closing,

To all the truly honorable Japanese soldiers who were just doing as they were told by a corrupt regime, may you rest in peace.

To all the Japanese soldiers/commanders/civilians that either took part in the planning or the carrying out of ANY of the formentioned war crimes, may you all burn in H*ll for the pain you caused, and the shame you brought to the Japanese culture.

I am very sorry if any of this was inappropriate, and welcome any comments, or suggestions.

Thank you,
C. Ikari

It is totally appropriate.
Your comment sheds light on an issue that may affect Japanese, Germans, Italians of yesterday, and Russians, Poles, Czechs, Serbs of today and Afghanis and Iraqis of tomorrow.
When a people is hostage of a regime they can't control, it's always hard to tell how much support the government actually enjoys from them.
After generations, it is a good thing that we can freely think about what happened and come out with a balanced view.
This is one of the reasons why I sent LeEnfield (A British WW2 veteran we have on the boards) my thanks for his effort and his contribution to the liberation of my country (while my mom's father was an officer of the Fascist "Militia" Police").

I could not agree more Italian Guy. :) Awareness of ones cultural past is vital in improving the future of said culture.

well to me..wether my forefathers were good or bad, I will always have a special place for them. I must honor them and what they thought and fought for. These are the fathers before me, and shame on me if I think otherwise..

Hello Macbeth,

I wasn't calling all the commanders corrupt (in fact I am quite proud of the ones that carried themselves with honor). I was merely voicing my feelings about the ones that knowingly approved/planned these atrocities.

You also bring about a very good point in your 2nd post. I will always respect those that came before me, but I REFUSE to respect or honor there actions while on this earth. I TRULY believe that all men are created equal, so in MY opinion to honor these criminals memory would be a direct disrespect to all the cultures, and descendants of those these crimes were committed against.

Please understand that these are only MY opinions, and greatly respect yours and everyone else's.

Thank you.

Hello again,

Sorry about the double post. I just found a post in another forum that I think proves the importance of acknowledging the mistakes in the past of ones culture:

Posted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:21 pm Post subject: pearl harbor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I say we should blow up Pearl Harbor again. what do you say guys, are you with me or agianst me huhhhh".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was posted by some PUNK COWARD named "zero" (gosh I wonder where he got that name :roll: ) in a Japanese culture forum. After I asked him if his name was a reference to his IQ, I let him know that if he has that much hate towards the US and it's citizens I would be glad to meet him in a neutral location and "discuss the h*ll out of it"

It is also important for everyone to know that this IDIOT's point of view is definitely in the minority on this forum, and the majority of the Japanese in the forum reacted with MUCH more anger than I did. My point is that there are still some small minded PUNKS who refuse to acknowledge the mistakes of the past so just like the quote says are doomed to repeat them.

Thank you,
Chris Ikari

Couldn't they desert their units and leave fronts and be POWs for the rest of the war?!

An invading army is always remembered as an invading army so there is no justification to recall those invaders and criminals in honor and respect.

They simply don't deserve it!

i agree with you on everything, but one. The attack on Pearl harbour was a huge lost to the american people, but every military goup/country used suprise attacks, thats just war for you

interesting
in the newspapers of late (physical edition only, not online sorry) there have been a couple of articles about how the current generation of Japanese are not being educated fully about thier countries history and the attrocities that occured during WW2 are being completely written out of the history book. the newspaper said it found some high school students in japan and showed them western history books about WW2 and they were stunned, they never knew about what happened. as the newspaper said, if they aren't educated about it, then they go on in ignorance and there is a greater chance of that sorrt of thing happening again.
it doesn't help that thier PM very disrespectful to Vets by continueing to go to the shrine that has the bodies of war criminals.

yeah...who want to teach a dark history? except for the honor, pride and the spirits of the warriors.

Well, as I always say, that history is there for something, we should learn from the past mistakes, and always try to look for a greater future..

Didn't the Chinese get really "upset" when the new history schoolbooks were introduced in Japan?
But then again, don't most countries understate their contribution to thing like slavery, collaboration etc.? We, in Holland, are left in the dark about our neutral position towards the Germans in WO II and I guess so are many others in other countries.

From my understanding, almost all Japanese feel the same way as you do. It's a good country now that I have a lot of respect for, I've heard a good deal of Japanese servicemen say they look at America as like a big brother. I like that outlook.

Good to hear that. Those are the kinds of things people will be glad to hear from Japanese so that certain nations may be a little less hating towards Japan.

The World Believe that the Holocaust was the worst. They forget that the Japs had brutally murdered 30 million Chinese. They also killed 1 million Koreans because of a NONVIOLENT PROTESTS. They had slaughtered many other types of ethnic groups stating that they were liberating Asia.
MY ASS!
Guess what the shrine of executed 7 Class A war Criminals say "The Tomb for Seven Honorable Men Died for their Nation".
And guess what the monument for 1068 executed Class-B war Criminals say:"The Memorial Tablet for 1068 Heroes Died for their Nation in the great East Asia War"

When I went to Japan and saw this I said: "WTF!!!"

It disgusts me how the world knows so little about this, its almost saying that Jews were more important than Asians. Japan has continually denied it war crimes.
If you ask me about the Atomic bombs I would say that they deserved it, but I think they dropped it at the wrong places.
China and Korea should have done a similar Treaty like the Versailes on Germany. That way the debt can be truly paid.
Japan will commit the worst warcrimes of all history. they are worse than the Nazi Krauts. They did the most sick things to their victims. They cut of women's breats, they take bayonet and stick them into the vagina of women until they die. They do head chopping contests, throw babies up in the air and stab them. They make sons sleep with their mothers. And guess what, they denied having remorse. They actually laughed. What kind of sick people are they. They are worst than Nazis. They will be more close to evil and the devil than anyone else.

the japanese got away easiliy. Most of those who participated are still alive. Not many people know about this and let the world know. I believe that Japan should had the surviving war criminals to Korea and China and their fates be decided.

well, what u said Obvious, does not apply to EVERY soldier that was out there...I have read and heard stories of more honorable Japanese soldiers. Some of them even felt regretful , and some just had to follow orders. But I do agree on most of the disgusting stuff they did in China, such as bayoneting their captures till death and beheading them..and things they did to women too...I have also seen some of the pictures..sad sight indeed...but yet, that was about 60 years aago..a whole new generation is comming and the older ones..well most of them have regreted what they did..

Obvious said:
The World Believe that the Holocaust was the worst. They forget that the Japs had brutally murdered 30 million Chinese. They also killed 1 million Koreans because of a NONVIOLENT PROTESTS. They had slaughtered many other types of ethnic groups stating that they were liberating Asia.
MY ASS!
Guess what the shrine of executed 7 Class A war Criminals say "The Tomb for Seven Honorable Men Died for their Nation".
And guess what the monument for 1068 executed Class-B war Criminals say:"The Memorial Tablet for 1068 Heroes Died for their Nation in the great East Asia War"

When I went to Japan and saw this I said: "WTF!!!"

It disgusts me how the world knows so little about this, its almost saying that Jews were more important than Asians. Japan has continually denied it war crimes.
If you ask me about the Atomic bombs I would say that they deserved it, but I think they dropped it at the wrong places.
China and Korea should have done a similar Treaty like the Versailes on Germany. That way the debt can be truly paid.
Japan will commit the worst warcrimes of all history. they are worse than the Nazi Krauts. They did the most sick things to their victims. They cut of women's breats, they take bayonet and stick them into the vagina of women until they die. They do head chopping contests, throw babies up in the air and stab them. They make sons sleep with their mothers. And guess what, they denied having remorse. They actually laughed. What kind of sick people are they. They are worst than Nazis. They will be more close to evil and the devil than anyone else.

the japanese got away easiliy. Most of those who participated are still alive. Not many people know about this and let the world know. I believe that Japan should had the surviving war criminals to Korea and China and their fates be decided.

Your making some pretty broad generalizations there "obvious". With a name like that I would assume you would be able to see the difference between a corrupt, cowardly regime from 60+ years ago and an entire race living in the here and now.
Speaking of race it's JAPANESE, not JAPS. Would you prefer that I refer to you as "Korean, or just "rean"? "Jap" is a derrogitory term, and we as Asians/Orientals/Pacific Islanders/and HUMANS in general need to stop tearing each other down because of past conflicts. I've got a buddy from Berlin that moved here (America) 2 years ago, and he's now married to a beautiful Jewish girl. If thats not moving on I don't know what is.
Your also speaking in the present tense; "What kind of sick people are they[/u], or "They are worst than Nazis". This implies that you are referring to all people of Japanese decent, past and present. If this is the case that means your comments were directed towards my kids, and that means we have a PROBLEM. :evil:
Please understand that this isn't an attack on you, as a matter of fact I agree with you. The tribute paid to the war criminals (F*CK THEM) at the Yakuza war shrine in wrong, and needs to stop. There also needs to be much more awareness among Japanese people living in Japan in reference to these war crimes, similar to modern day Germany.
Please "obvious" try to remember this next time your feeling such hate. The only relative that I've ever gotten to know that was actually from Japan was an uncle named Yoshi who has since passed away (R.I.P.). He would always talk about the war, and would often work himself into tears. No matter what he would always end these speeches by swearing on everything he loved that he would gladly give his life if it would bring back just one of the innocent lives taken by the imperial army. If you could have seen his eyes when he said this then you would know why I'm so passionate about this subject. So my question to you "Obvious" is are these really the words of an "evil", or "nazi" like man? [/b]

calm down Chris.. we all understand and u can see by my posts that we are understanding people. Obvious is Obviously kind of..u know.. Anyways, I always say "Dont look at the past, it tends to make u feel guilty and u cannot change it, instead, look at the future with ur chins up..because the future is on ur hands" Nothing is more promising than a true deep regret that comes for a true mans heart...we humans cannot understand it.. If u live today mourning every moment yesterday, how will u wake up tomorrow? be optimistic, forgive, smile, hand to hand and glory is ours. Be ur new self my man

Back