The Lessons I have Learned.....

CanadianCowgirl

I thought it would be fun to start a post where everyone lists all the funny/interesting/important lessons they learned while in service. Here's the beginning of my list, and I'm sure I'll come up with LOTS more, lol

1. Duct tape really DOES fix everything, though yellow may not be the best choice of color...
2. Don't leave a hamburger under your pillow for inspection
3. Don't mistake the Brigadier General for a Warrant Officer :S
4. Don't wait til that blister is the size of a golfball to get it checked out..
5. Even if you're in a rush, take the time to put on pants....
6. Wearing sandals in a fire drill with below freezing weather is not such a good idea
7. You can't drink hot chocolate while wearing a gas mask
8. Sgts will set things on fire, just to make sure you're paying attention on fire duty....
9. Don't build your hoochie on low ground (rain)
10. Wearing glasses during combat PT is not such a good idea
11. Wearing a helmet, T-shirt, undies, combat boots and brandishing a rifle is actually kinda sexy....even if it is 2am and u just got woken up by arty sims....
12. Don't eat the green bacon, even if you are starving

lol, well I'm hoping some more ppl will answer, just to see what kind of random things they've learnt while in the military, I've got LOTS more, lol

When you tell a Private to "take out the trash" make sure that what he/she is throwing out is actually trash.

When you tell a Private to "go clean the head/bathroom" make sure they don't mix bleach and ammonia to "make it smell better".

When you tell a Private to paint the signs for reserved parking spaces for the OIC SNCOIC and various other billets/ranks make sure he does not paint BMOC (Big Man On Camp) for the OIC spot.

In otherwords make sure you closely supervise.

5 Paragraph order:

Begin planning
Arrange Recon
Make Recon
Continue Planning
Issue Orders
Supervise (the most important step)

Originally Posted by Marinerhodes
Begin planning
Arrange Recon
Make Recon
Continue Planning
Issue Orders
Supervise (the most important step)

Yer forgot the most important ones for us retired blokes

Forget all that stuff.
Kick back, relax and do what you want.

Ohhh,.... how I love being retired. Believe me, there are some benefits to getting older. Just make sure that you've done all the bone breaking stuff while your body will still forgive you.:D.

Back in service we had Murphy on the wall and space to add our own laws. We made 98 when we left the scene..

Back