At least one blast, maybe two in Oslo, Norway - Page 3

--
Boots

July 22nd, 2011  
Prapor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
I suppose it may have been a far right group... I mean, here in Russia we've had a few bombings by ultra-nationalists. But, here at least, when the nationalists use terror, they usually target either places where there are guarranteed to be lots of minority people, especially Muslims (hostels where Central Asian migrants are staying; halal shops; street markets, as many vendors are Muslim Azerbaijanis); or security forces objects (police buildings, or vehicles usually).

Plus, do Norwegian far-right groups have the skills or the resources to pull off something like this? I am only saying, because I know European nationalist grousp are not nearly as strong, or as hard-core as here...
July 22nd, 2011  
84RFK

Last update from the police:
The youth camp shooter (if he was alone) is under arrest, and the police know his identity.
No further info about his identity and nationality is given, but the police claim that he is connected to the bombing in Oslo.
July 22nd, 2011  
84RFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prapor
I suppose it may have been a far right group... I mean, here in Russia we've had a few bombings by ultra-nationalists. But, here at least, when the nationalists use terror, they usually target either places where there are guarranteed to be lots of minority people, especially Muslims (hostels where Central Asian migrants are staying; halal shops; street markets, as many vendors are Muslim Azerbaijanis); or security forces objects (police buildings, or vehicles usually).

Plus, do Norwegian far-right groups have the skills or the resources to pull off something like this? I am only saying, because I know European nationalist grousp are not nearly as strong, or as hard-core as here...
Norwegian right-wing groups are poorly organized and generally have very limited resources, plus the most extremist of them would be on pair with Russian pocket-thieves and shoplifters in comparison.

Traditionally the police have hit any sign of extremist growth on the right-wing with a hard blow and qualmed it before they turn into any potential threath.
Except for a small nazi-cell who executed two of their own (leaving only 3 living members in the group) in the early -80's, the right-wing organisations in Norway has been limited to knife-stabbing and beating/kicking.
--
Boots
July 22nd, 2011  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prapor
No we don't have that at all here, the far-right groups here have been almost non-existent the last 10-15 or so years so I'm sure it's not them.

An eye-vitness claims that it may be as many as 20-30 killed in the shooting now, but the info from that island is very chaotic so we really dont know much from there yet.

But the island is very small, and many of the youths did try to swim over to the main-land trying to escape the shooter so the police don't have control there at all yet.
Around 650 youths where at this small island, so they had nowhere to escape or hide when the shooter started.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=no&ll...27874&t=h&z=16
July 22nd, 2011  
84RFK

Witnesses report that the alledged shooter was about 190 cm. tall, slim, fair hair, with nordic apearance, and speaking Norwegian with a local accent.
I'm rather puzzeled about this.
July 22nd, 2011  
Prapor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
No we don't have that at all here, the far-right groups here have been almost non-existent the last 10-15 or so years so I'm sure it's not them.
Is there an organization in Norway like our RNE (Russian National Unity), which is structured and functions, basically, like a military force with, by different estimates, from 25,000 to up to 100,000 members, that, esseantially, though the government won't admit it, control large swaths of rural areas in the Ural and West Siberian regions?

They separate themselves into 'brigades', each headed by experienced 'commanders', usually former military men, and many are from elite Guard (Marines, Paratroopers), or Special (Specnaz MVD, FSB, Specnaz GRU [military], Border Troops Green Berets) units. They basically control fairly large areas of the East, particularly North-East, there are entire towns there, where RNE paramilitary units act as police, and regular Russian police won't go in there.

They know how to use bombs, and do so, on a fairly regular basis.

In Norway though, as far as is my understanding, this is not the case, they do not have such groups. That is why I am sceptic of this being the wark of a Norwegian far right group.

No, this has to be a message from the Wahabits. Norwegian troops are in Afghan, no? I think that is why.
July 22nd, 2011  
84RFK

No such thing here Prapor.

The few right-wing extremists who tried to organize any training with weapons were quickly tracked and split up by the police.

What puzzled me here is:
1. The police claims that the arrested shooter is linked to the bombing in Oslo.
2. Witnesses said that the shooter looked like a Norwegian/nordic male in his 30-40's.
3. The shootings took place on a small island with very limited possibility for the shooter to escape.

The idea of such a suicidal type of attack doesn't match with right-wing extremists at all, and I'm starting to belive that this si some kind of mentally unstabile lone-wolf who simply went berserk.
July 22nd, 2011  
Redleg

Vitnesses says that there may have been more then one shooter, the official number of killed on that island is 10 now but there may be more then that.
July 22nd, 2011  
Prapor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84RFK
No such thing here Prapor.

The few right-wing extremists who tried to organize any training with weapons were quickly tracked and split up by the police.

What puzzled me here is:
1. The police claims that the arrested shooter is linked to the bombing in Oslo.
2. Witnesses said that the shooter looked like a Norwegian/nordic male in his 30-40's.
3. The shootings took place on a small island with very limited possibility for the shooter to escape.

The idea of such a suicidal type of attack doesn't match with right-wing extremists at all, and I'm starting to belive that this si some kind of mentally unstabile lone-wolf who simply went berserk.
But are the two attacks actually connected? Do we know that for sure?
July 22nd, 2011  
Redleg

The same fake policeman may have been observed at the site of the bombing just before the bomb(s) went off, and some experts here are actually suggesting that this might be the work of right-wing extremists but there has been no official comments about that yet at all.

The fake policeman arrested suspected for the shooting at the youth camp is as 84RFK posted according to witnesses 190 cm. tall, slim, fair hair, with nordic appearance so this doesn't look like the work of an extreme islamistic group.
The attack at the youth camp doesn't suggest this either, so it is actually possible that this is the work of a madman (or a few madmen) attacking the "power center" of Norway and the leading political party.
And I've just read that some experts are comparing todays tragic events with the Oklahoma-bombing in 1995....