Least Favorite Military Commander

anyone

Every single WWI commander....
Bunch of bloody butchers, no respect for their profession.

I personally hate Hitler for obvious reasons, but what other idiots should i know about?

First off Im not sure Hitler should be classified as a military commander. Secondly is it because of him just being the villian he was or because you disagree with the Reichs stradegy?

Thise question is preety vague but Im gonna go with the Roman Emperor Valens, who vastly underestimated the Huns at Adrianople, and basically lead to the complete collapse of the Roman Army.

The French WW2 commanders had to be pretty dense to allow their country to be crushed in two weeks by the same plan that got them overtaken last war. They would be my least favorite. And Hitler would be a military commander because he was the one who decided how and when to attack. His power was similar to Eisenhower's on the Allied side. And this is my personal opinion but from a military standpoint he did a pretty good job at almost taking over the world. Just a few logistical errors and underestimating the Americans was what doomed him.

just has to be the union general burnside. After his last great mess, lincoln commented "well he managed to snatch one last defeat from the jaws of victory" :D

Darkmb101 said:
I personally hate Hitler for obvious reasons, but what other idiots should i know about?

Ok you may hate hitler for what he did to the jewish people, but if it wasn't for him we may not have all the medical advancements that we have today thanks to The Angel of Death, Josef Mengele, the infamous doctor of Auschwitz. If hi tler wouldn't of ran his death camps we may still have diseases that had no cure. Hitler gave mengele specimens to work on. Also a lot of the german society todaymay love hitler, not because of his beleifs such as the arian nation, but because he reformed the nation.

Whoa there, stud. This is one case where the ends definitely do not justify the means, and what EXACTLY did these evil men do to benefit society in any way shape or form that could not have been done without committing atrocities like they did?

By the same line of reasoning, one could claim that the lack of assistance of the British to Ireland during the potatoe blight helped them by preventing overpopulation, or the same argument for the Russians under Stalin during his purges.

Bernard Montgomery possibly...you can't argue with success I suppose, but he seemed to be pompous and annoying.

George Pickett was a nincompoop, General "Beast" Butler was another.

diplomatic_means said:
The French WW2 commanders had to be pretty dense to allow their country to be crushed in two weeks by the same plan that got them overtaken last war. They would be my least favorite. And Hitler would be a military commander because he was the one who decided how and when to attack. His power was similar to Eisenhower's on the Allied side. And this is my personal opinion but from a military standpoint he did a pretty good job at almost taking over the world. Just a few logistical errors and underestimating the Americans was what doomed him.

Actually, it was not the same plan, had it been the same plan, the Germans would have met the BEF and the bulk of the French army head on in Belgium, according to the Dyle Plan.

Mansteins plan moved the main axis of advance to the Ardennes, and the rest is as they say, history.

Animal Mother is correct, Manstein plan called for a armour thrust through the ardennes to cut off the BEF and major portion of French forces that had moved into Belguim to stop Von Bock's forces.

MunitionsAirman said:
Darkmb101 said:

Ok you may hate hitler for what he did to the jewish people, but if it wasn't for him we may not have all the medical advancements that we have today thanks to The Angel of Death, Josef Mengele, the infamous doctor of Auschwitz. If hi tler wouldn't of ran his death camps we may still have diseases that had no cure. Hitler gave mengele specimens to work on. Also a lot of the german society todaymay love hitler, not because of his beleifs such as the arian nation, but because he reformed the nation.

I would rather have diseases without cure!

Id have to say William T. Sherman. Just dont like what he did in the Civil War to achieve victory. And another leader/ruler would probably be Nero. He would kill christians and/or burn them as they hung from poles so the city could be lit up. sick man.

comanders

a couple of commander i dont like :

general haig(the butcher) fromm ww1
general blamey(an aussie)
general sir ian hamilton( gallipoli) grr :twisted:
general macarthur
general gough

Hitler could be considered a commander...he micromanaged everything so he could be listed as someones least favorite.

As far as my least fave commander...it'd be an old Brigade Commander we had. He was more politician than he was soldier.

I don't believe that I could pick just one...

William Cumberland (The butcher of Culloden)

Ambrose E. Burnside - just for being a moron

General Horatio Gates - amazing that someone with so little talent could be sooo arrogant. He won one battle and thought he should replace Washington as commander of the Continental Army! :shock:

P.G.T Beauregard - that man could not get along with anyone!

John Bell Hood - A decent subordinate general but was devastating to the South when independent.

Charles DeGaulle - what can I really say other than he was just a jerk!

Maurice Gustave Gamelin

There are other but I'd better quit now or my list will get too long :roll: :roll:

Alexander "Butcher" Haig, whose military strategy was essentially "I have more men than the Hun has bullets" and bears most of the responsibility for the Somme disaster

Douglas MacArthur, an overrated mama's boy who ordered the army to shoot at American vets and triggered the Chinese involvement in the Korean War.

And I probably would not have liked fighting under Patton..."our blood, his guts" one soldier quipped. A martinet who made his soldiers wear ties in battle. He was of the same stripe as the British Army commanders of WWI: the ones who'd ride their horses by the filth-filled, rat- and louse-infested trenches, and order soldiers horsewhipped or spreadeagled on gun carriages (target for the snipers) for such heinous crimes as missing a uniform button.

J

Back