Late Caution caused by roll-bar padding; Burton upset; Gordon penalized!!!

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
NASCAR announced Wednesday that Robby Gordon has been fined and issued two point-standing penalties, for rule infractions during this past Sunday’s NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series event at Atlanta. Gordon, the driver and owner of the #7 Chevy, has been fined $15,000; he also has been penalized with the loss of 50 driver championship points and 50 car owner championship points. Gordon also has been placed on probation by NASCAR until Dec. 31. Gordon violated Sections 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 12-4-N (intentionally causing a caution condition during the race) – of the NASCAR Rule Book. In addition, Gordon’s crew chief Greg Erwin has been fined $10,000 due to violations of Sections 12-A and 12-4-N – and 9-4-A (crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his/her driver, car owner and team members). Erwin also has been placed on probation until Dec. 31.(NASCAR PR)(11-1-2006)

When I saw "Gordon penalized" I thought it was talking about Jeff Gordon...I was thinking," So the great one isnt perfect after all..."Then you had to go and dissappoint me. Thanks TI...

So what did this mental giant do? I dont get to see the races too often here in the PRiCk... I'm guessing that in the middle of the race this idiot tore off his roll bar padding and let it fly onto the track. RG has always been the friggin emo whiner of NASCAR so I wouldn't be surprised if he was throwing a tantrum and did something stupid.

well, i'm glad they found out who did it. during the race, no one had a clue who's padding it was. well, he broke the rules, he brought the wrath of nascar's officials down on himself.

that and i'm relieved that robby gordon did it and not jeff gordon.

Back