Last Best Hope




 
--
Boots
 
November 10th, 2014  
tetvet
 

Topic: Last Best Hope


This Country Tis of The is the last best hope for the free world if we go down the tube it all goes down the tube , this is a heavy burden very heavy maybe too heavy this is the time for the greatest generation the greatest leadership , this Country is on the verge of collapse morally mentally financially , we have to hold it together because WE ARE the last best hope .
November 10th, 2014  
JOC
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
This Country Tis of The is the last best hope for the free world if we go down the tube it all goes down the tube , this is a heavy burden very heavy maybe too heavy this is the time for the greatest generation the greatest leadership , this Country is on the verge of collapse morally mentally financially , we have to hold it together because WE ARE the last best hope .

There are other major players: western Europe, Japan, etc. militarily we do supply the bulk of the forces for most policing and rescue actions. Most countries don't have the available hardware, #'s of men and technology to match the capabilities of the US. I'e.: Aircraft carriers, nuclear submarines, numbers of fighters and bombers, missile systems, advanced battle field electronics, AV's. I don't know if I would go as far to say we are the last hope. But I would say we are the largest single military world power, with a lot of seasoned highly experienced soldiers, Delta, Marine Corps, Rangers, Airborne the list goes on and on.
November 10th, 2014  
brinktk
 
 
I
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
This Country Tis of The is the last best hope for the free world if we go down the tube it all goes down the tube , this is a heavy burden very heavy maybe too heavy this is the time for the greatest generation the greatest leadership , this Country is on the verge of collapse morally mentally financially , we have to hold it together because WE ARE the last best hope .
This is why a good portion of the rest of the world can't stand the USA right now...including a good portion of our allies, because many Americans have your attitude that the world revolves around the USA. It doesn't and you should get over your "Leave it to Beaver" ideations of what America is and isn't.

Yes, it wll take a "great" generation (ironically the very generation you seem to despise so much) to get us out of the absolute mess the baby boomers got us into. No thanks to you.
--
Boots
November 10th, 2014  
Army0413
 
Plus food, ciggaretts, alcoholic, sports, money, television etc is USA for me other than military.
November 10th, 2014  
Remington 1858
 
 
Most of America's "allies" in Europe have disarmed! They are maintaining token military forces. When there is an international operation to be conducted they contribute an engineer company here, a field hospital there, an SF platoon, no significant boots - on -the-ground combat forces. Of course, it's great for their economies, not having to support expensive military establishments. Just join NATO and the Yanks will do the heavy lifting.
Well, the Russian Bear is getting a little pissed off at having NATO bases right on his doorstep and one of these days he might do something about it! So if the nations of Europe or any other continent get tired of American influence, they know what price they will have to pay to get rid of it.
November 10th, 2014  
Army0413
 
Sweden never join NATO. And Finland is allmost outside partnership.

Read this:

Russian armies 2013

About Russia.

But their aren't top ranked with this first size what I hopes next year of GlobalPower 2015.
November 10th, 2014  
tetvet
 
The Greatest Generation I refer to is generation present todays generation has to put humpty dumpty back together again maybe an impossible task but it HAS to be done .
November 10th, 2014  
Kesse81
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington 1858
Most of America's "allies" in Europe have disarmed! They are maintaining token military forces. When there is an international operation to be conducted they contribute an engineer company here, a field hospital there, an SF platoon, no significant boots - on -the-ground combat forces. Of course, it's great for their economies, not having to support expensive military establishments. Just join NATO and the Yanks will do the heavy lifting.
Well, the Russian Bear is getting a little pissed off at having NATO bases right on his doorstep and one of these days he might do something about it! So if the nations of Europe or any other continent get tired of American influence, they know what price they will have to pay to get rid of it.
For you are surely the greatest nation in the World.
My own country has paid dearly for the support we have provided in the fight against terror.

Yes, you are pulling the load - granted, but we do what we can and manage to do. So stop your self-centeredness, we are on the same side.

Europeans have a different view on war.
We have far more experience with the consequences and you can still see the scars in almost all European countries. Therefore, we are careful about what we participate in.
November 10th, 2014  
crazytanker
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetvet
The Greatest Generation I refer to is generation present todays generation has to put humpty dumpty back together again maybe an impossible task but it HAS to be done .
Yet, you constantly talk down about that generation.
November 10th, 2014  
Remington 1858
 
 
In response to Kesse81, I Don't think it is fair to describe Americans as self - centered given the sacrifices of Americans both in war and peace to assist many nations of the world, especially European nations, starting with the Marshall Plan, contributions to NATO, staring down the Soviets for fifty years, not to mention America's contribution in two world wars.
Most European nations have abolished conscription in favor of an all- volunteer force, except they are having a hard time getting any volunteers. So, you can get rid of the overbearing Americans quite easily. All you have to do is to be willing to pay more taxes, provide manpower for meaningful military forces, and step up when there is a threat to security.
Until then, while Americans are picking up the check, we will remain "self-centered".
 


Similar Topics
Strong Concerns I hope Someone Can Help Me With
Mosul a Complex Picture of Hope, Despair
Hatikva - The Hope.
Mourners Feel Loss, Hope at Pope's Lying in State (Reuters)
Serbian woman's return to Canada gives hope to those in san