Landwarrior system what do you think :) - Page 4

--

December 17th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
They had requested $26 million dollars funding for 7,000 rifles. That's not just "well what if" planning. If the army agreed that the M-16 is the greatest infantry weapon they wouldn't be trying to push $26 million dollars through congress.
And. The Air FOrce put in for 15,000 M16's in 1963.
December 17th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whispering Death
Look, I know all the technicals ins and outs. My point is that the landwarrior system is an extremely complex, specialized, and expensive system that solves problems which are not in the top 5 that the infantry is facing. That is something I want you to think about... think about the top 5 problems our infantrymen would like solved TODAY and I highly doubt landwarrior solves any of them.

Once we get next-gen rifels, lighter/better body armor, real APC/IFV capabilities, then it will be time to start talking about landwarrior. Right now it's a project that needs to be put on the back burner in favor of war-winning innovations, not made-for-TV press darlings.

I seriously doubt you have any contact with any R&D stuff. Just what do you think is going to be light and thin and is goin to stop a M80 7.62mm Ball round?

So the M113, M2/M3 and Stryker are what exactly?

You can't make a different vehicle for every type of mission and battlefield you must make multi-functional and multi-mission platform's.

You can't have one APC for this and another for this.
December 17th, 2005  
AussieNick

Quote:
why does australia use steyrs? its wird
Why is that wierd. We ran a tender, tested the weapons and the Steyr was the superior weapon.

Quote:
Ugh...those Australian cammies hurt my eyes...hard to be stealthy when you're wearing what looks to be 1970's wallpaper...
Mate they may look like baked bean pyjamas, but nothing works better than the Australian bush. You literally disappear.
--
December 17th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

just give me the gun and I'll be fine unless I'm against a sniper, but then I'm screwed.
December 17th, 2005  
FO Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieNick
Why is that wierd. We ran a tender, tested the weapons and the Steyr was the superior weapon.

Mate they may look like baked bean pyjamas, but nothing works better than the Australian bush. You literally disappear.

I like the new Marine digi's. at a distance you look like a bush.