Lack of sleep and power tools......

--

June 15th, 2009  
5.56X45mm

Topic: Lack of sleep and power tools......

Friend came over earlier today.... said he wanted to mount a rifle rack to his truck in a way that folks can't see it.... I haven't slept in the last 36 hours.... so of course I grab my tools and start thinking how can I mount it....

Thus it was a good project. Oh look..... sleep.
June 15th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Will that seat fold back up with the AK where it is?
June 15th, 2009  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Will that seat fold back up with the AK where it is?

Yup..... It works. Hence why I built it.

I'm designing a mount for the FN P90 as I type this..... I just need to get my paperwork in from BATFE so I can lop off that excess barrel and get the measurements for the mount. As for where I will mount the P90.... thinking right under the front of the truck seat. Easily within reach and useful in the cab of the truck.
--
June 17th, 2009  
Lunatik

That looks awesome 5.56!
June 17th, 2009  
sky2979

Your truck's definetly way cleaner than mine, lol...I guess not having kiddo's might have something to do with that... Oh, and the rack is pretty awsome...
June 17th, 2009  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky2979
Your truck's definetly way cleaner than mine, lol...I guess not having kiddo's might have something to do with that... Oh, and the rack is pretty awsome...

Not my truck.... my friend's... mine is littered with old gun part catalogs, spent shell casings, and smoe strange growth that eats lost children.
June 17th, 2009  
5.56X45mm

He came over today to show is other new toy to me so I had to show you some more pics.....

June 17th, 2009  
senojekips

Are you going to line the hooks with some heavy foam or something to stop the firearms moving about?
June 17th, 2009  
SHERMAN

Thats a nice AK but why is he travelling loaded and with the safety on semi auto?
June 17th, 2009  
A Can of Man

Is that some kind of Klingon Melee weapon??