Kimber .45

SEMPERFI

My dad just bought me a Kimber Warrior 1911 and was told it was the civilian version of what Marine Corps special forces are using. Anyone know if thats true or not.

Looks like that's what they were trying for. The rear sight is nice.

sa-lside2.jpg

008FrontTowardEnemysm.jpg

008RearSight.jpg

DefenseReview has known about the development of this pistol for some time now, but we were politely asked by a Kimber Mil/LE representative not to report anything about it until August 1st. Well, Hilton Yam and some other gentlemen at TacticalForums.com have just posted information about the new Kimber Custom "Warrior" 1911 pistol, which is the civilian-release version of the Kimber ICQB 1911 pistol created for the Marine Corps' MCSOCOM Det 1 unit.

So, DefenseReview is now off the hook. Here's the list of Kimber Warrior 1911 pistol "key features", according to Hilton Yam:...

"Part number 3000125

Series I w/ Kimber rail frame

GI length guide rod and Plug

Internal extractor

Lanyard loop

New Kimber Bumped grip safety. – will look like the Ed Brown

Coyote Brown Gunner grip or similar type G-10 material grip.

New Kimber Wedge Night sight. (Novak style)

New style Kimber ambi safety, utilizing dovetail hammer pin to capture the right side lever

Kimpro polymer finish

7rd. mag w/ pad"

Is it me or are those hollowpoint bullets next to the gun? :D

Why cannot somebody make an original .45 not some neverending line or 1911 copies that are basically the same, I know its a good gun, but things come and go and its time that the USMC should get a worthy sidearm with something new like the S&W MP

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg165-e.htm

You know the US Government motto,"quicker, lighter, faster, better, yesterday. One day I look for a 100% plastic composite pistol.

it sure is a pretty gun...... and those are hollow points, it looks like you could mix a drink in there..... (got that from a book, hehe) very nice gun

The New S&W MP semi-auto pisotl is nothing ut a Simga Series in a new body. Nothing new, and the Kimber Warrior is old news. I've had those in my store for somehting like three months. They're just another overpriced 1911-A1 pistol. Yes, they're nice. But a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec will do the job quite well. And the Novak sight system is cool. But You have to use that system period. You can't switch to Mepro-lights or Trijicon sights.

And to answer your question. YES. It is the civilian version of of the Pistol that the US Marine SOC is using. (And here's a secret, a 1911-A1 is a 1911-A1.)

M0rPh345 said:
Is it me or are those hollowpoint bullets next to the gun? :D

Why cannot somebody make an original .45 not some neverending line or 1911 copies that are basically the same, I know its a good gun, but things come and go and its time that the USMC should get a worthy sidearm with something new like the S&W MP

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg165-e.htm

Agreed, all handguns seem to look like the 1911

5.56X45mm said:
The New S&W MP semi-auto pisotl is nothing ut a Simga Series in a new body. Nothing new, and the Kimber Warrior is old news. I've had those in my store for somehting like three months. They're just another overpriced 1911-A1 pistol. Yes, they're nice. But a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec will do the job quite well. And the Novak sight system is cool. But You have to use that system period. You can't switch to Mepro-lights or Trijicon sights.

And to answer your question. YES. It is the civilian version of of the Pistol that the US Marine SOC is using. (And here's a secret, a 1911-A1 is a 1911-A1.)

I'm a little prejudice as I have a Kimber Pro-Carry. I've also owned a Springfield Armory Mil Spec Operator, and a Springfield Armory Mil-Spec. I've shot Colt,Norinco, Auto-Ordance, Charles Daley, Para Ordance , and Dan Wesson 1911A1's. And while you can say a 1911 is 1911 dollar for dollar Kimber is the best out of the box for the money IMO. No need for after market hammers, beaver tails, springs, sight work, throating, polishing or fitting.

The 1911 is just fine the way it is. Lets buy the Real American pistol not a cheap plastic ripoff copy. Do we need all these excessive feature off the kimber. I think we should buy them .45s from Colt. They made it and im sure they can make a better pistol than an inferior plastic copy.

If you want a good modern .45 buy an H&K USP......

usp45light.jpg

usptactical.jpg

If you're big enough to carry one (and can afford one) you can get a Mk 23 SOCOM:

mk23amflag.jpg

Hk Usp are Mk23 are expensive $400-$1000+ on a pistol. Though I admit these pistols are one of the best quality.

M0rPh345 said:
Hk Usp are Mk23 are expensive $400-$1000+ on a pistol. Though I admit these pistols are one of the best quality.

I would rather spend $1,000 on a good pistol that will last me a life time than buy several el cheapo South American Beretta-ripoffs for "a collection". One good big gun plus maybe a small easily concealed back up is all you need.

I like the hollow points in the first picture of the USP. Those .45 hollow points are also known as "flying ashtrays". ;)

Now the Colt 1911A1 sucks period. THey are horrible out of the box. Springfields and Kimbers in my opinion are the best for your dollars' worth.

5.56X45mm said:
Now the Colt 1911A1 sucks period. THey are horrible out of the box. Springfields and Kimbers in my opinion are the best for your dollars' worth.

Have you shot One before, I have. Its actually a decent gun despite the fact that is 94 years old and the recoil action likes to bite you.

Yes, I own one. But I had to do a ton of work on it. After the 1970s, Colt got lazy on their work and produced some really crappy pistols. And if your gun is 94 years old, it's a 1911. Not a 1911-A1.

Captain Obvious said:
The 1911 is just fine the way it is. Lets buy the Real American pistol not a cheap plastic ripoff copy. Do we need all these excessive feature off the kimber. I think we should buy them .45s from Colt. They made it and im sure they can make a better pistol than an inferior plastic copy.

You wanna talk plastic? Pickup a new Colt 1911A1 for the tune of about 900.00. It has a plastic trigger & a plastic main spring housing.Then before you trust your life to it better have that feed ramp polished and throated, ejection port lowered and flared, if you can't deal with hammer bite change out the hammer and install an extended beaver tail. If you want to hit anything with any degree of accuracy change out the sights, reliabilty change all your springs. Then you still paid 1500.00 for it. You can get top of the line Kimbers and Springfields for that that are out of the box ready.

As far as buy American.

Kimber- New York
Springfield - Illinios.

Back