KALASHNIKOV VS M14 - Page 2

--

May 3rd, 2004  
Marksman

oh,ok then
May 3rd, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: well

Well, the M14 is really not a good assault rifle....so....

Close and medium ranges, CQB, standart weapon-AK47.
Marksmen(not sniper, marksmen, talking like 300-400 meters)-M14

Id say the M16 Vs AK47 is a better comparison...
May 4th, 2004  
Razor

AKS-74

Caliber: 5.45x39 mm
Action: Gas operated, rotating bolt with 2 lugs
Weight: 3,3 kg (with empty magazine without bayonet); 3,6 kg (with loaded magazine)
Length: 943 mm (AKS-74 with folded butt - 690 mm)
Barrel length: 415 mm
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds standard
Effective range: 500 meters
Rate of fire: 600 - 650 rounds per minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureRANGER
lol I forgot to put my source. Just a little copy and paste.

Great site, lots of great info and cool pictures. http://www.world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

BTW, welcome to the forum
I love that site.
--
May 4th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

There's no way the effective range of a the AKS-74 is 500 meters. More like 200m
May 4th, 2004  
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
There's no way the effective range of a the AKS-74 is 500 meters. More like 200m
Do you know what an AKS-74 is? It's the newer version of the AK-47.

Heres a pic.

May 4th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

I know what it is.
May 4th, 2004  
USMC Johnny

M-14

The AK-47 is basically for people that cannot shoot anything to save their life. Put it like my shooting teacher said: "In the time it takes the enemy to pray and spray 20+ rounds with an AK-47, you can place one good shot in his forehead.

Firepower and Firerate doesn't compare with accuracy. You can shoot 30 rounds in 2 seconds with and AK. But you will not hit jack shit. Give me and M-14 and 2 rounds, and I'll drop you.

M-14 should be the standard rifle in the Marine Corps(but that is another topic altogether)
May 4th, 2004  
Razor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzy Mozzy
I know what it is.
Then why did you say:

Quote:
May 4th, 2004  
Kozzy Mozzy

I'll give it to you, the effective range of an AKS is more then 200, but definitly not 500m.
May 5th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Topic: well

Quote:
M-14

The AK-47 is basically for people that cannot shoot anything to save their life. Put it like my shooting teacher said: "In the time it takes the enemy to pray and spray 20+ rounds with an AK-47, you can place one good shot in his forehead.

Firepower and Firerate doesn't compare with accuracy. You can shoot 30 rounds in 2 seconds with and AK. But you will not hit jack shit. Give me and M-14 and 2 rounds, and I'll drop you.

M-14 should be the standard rifle in the Marine Corps(but that is another topic altogether)
Well, I dont know about all that.....Firstly, the AK47 is not as accurate as the M14, but on semi auto its fairly accurate....Its much more relaible(then anything....)....Also, somtimes(like on assault) firerate is esntial....