Just a couple basic stories

--

December 17th, 2004  
loosekanen

Topic: Just a couple basic stories

I just graduated basic in March of '04 and I want to pass some of these stories before they leave my mind.

One story in particular relates to the fact that one morning our drill sgts found a turd in one of the toilets in the morning. That night, instead of my scheduled fireguard shift, I was dressed in full battle gear with a toilet brush instead of my dummy weapon on what was a full hour of " er guard" making sure the toilets where nicely scrubbed after everyone dumped.

Another story involves my stupidity during phase testing. I had blown through the things I considered to take some effort and I was doing the communications test which I figured was going to be about the easiet one at the site. I get up to start my communication, start reading off the card, and then look up and see the drill sgt holding the cord to the receiver that I hadn't plugged in. He proceeded to grab the receiver, clap me on the kevlar with it, and send me to the retread tent. Everyone has a stupid moment at basic, even the most educated. Nobody is above it.
December 18th, 2004  
rotc boy

Topic: Re: Just a couple basic stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosekanen
Everyone has a stupid moment at basic, even the most educated. Nobody is above it.
from what i've read on this forum and heard from my dad that is true

funny stuff
August 15th, 2007  
Team Infidel

you have to hate dirty jobs
--
March 24th, 2009  
tomtom22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Infidel
you have to hate dirty jobs
That's for sure.