JROTC Cadets?

ButterBarBob

I'm in a JROTC in western Washington, and to be honest, the program is extremely undisciplined :x and pretty much useless for actual training, though we are making improvements. We are in danger of being shut down next year due to lack of cadets ( we have around 78-80 and we need 100) and i was just wondering if there were any other cadets in a similar situation. Ive had no experience in a unit that actually functions correctly, so i was also hoping maybe some of you in units that actually work could comment. Also any of you in CAP or similar are welcome to comment, as i am thinking of joining that too.

i was in a NJROTC unit in nebraska before i graduated. i only have the one year in it though. weve had similar problems, but only because this was our first year. sounds like you need to start kicking some asses around there. just talk to your Senior instructor and your cadet staff officers.

I was in Army ROTC in highschool, I thought it was quite nice.

CAP is pretty useless, except as a nice mark on your resume.

Excuse me, CAP has been quite helpful. They focus on alot of military discipline, drill, and LEADERSHIP. One of our CAP cadets just got accepted to West Point, and many have made it there, or the Air Force Academy. It is not a useless program. If you make it to an officer rank, you will be an E-3 in basic. I have found CAP helpful in many things. They have wilderness survival schools, a mini basic training week,called encampment, and various schools and training programs. The first female thunderbirds pilot used to be a CAP cadet, and many others. CAP is a definite plus if you are thinking Air Force, or any other branch. here is the website. CAP.gov

Air Force has a pretty goo d ROTC program at my school, i enjoy it and have learned alot about history and also aviation.

I am a 1st year cadet going on 2nd year cadet my rank seaman going
on to petty officer 3rd class in Nov.

I am a ns3 at Green Run High School and if you are having a discipline problem at your school you really need to start chewing out. If the doesnt work have a disciplinary action board for the undisciplined casdet and that will also put the person on prbation.

Back