Joining the Corps

C/2nd Lt Robot

For about 3 yrs i've been wanting to join the Corps, but along the way i've had bullshit thrown at me from all directions, and all i want to know are the does and donts for Boot Camp, and any other information would be great about the Marine Corps, and what got those who have been their done that what got you through Boot Camp.

I just asked the same question to one of my friends that just got out of Boot, I dont know from first hand expierience, but he did say, that its good not bring anything, come w/ a good haircut, bald, and since you were in ROTC, mention that, you'll have a shot a Company honorman, thats just what he told me, and thats from the Bootcamo here in San Diego not Parris Island, and again I dont know from firsthand expierience.

Its hard to say. Sometimes you think your doin the right thing and its not. Sayin your ROTC could help and it could also give you a target on your back. Best advice I think I could give someone would have to be:
Pay attention, absorb everything, take charge of situations. It will be nothin that you have ever experoenced before and there is nothin anyone will be able to tell you to actually prepare you for what you are about to face. They will break you down and build you back up. Stay strong and learn everything you can, the more knowledge, squared away and strong you are the better off you will be.

They will ask if anyone has been involved with JROTC or any other Jr. Military group/program. Volunteering the information is only setting yourself up to be a nice pretty target. You will have the opportunity to prove your worth, talking about your worth will do nothing but make your life miserable.

Best advice: Mouth closed, eyes and ears open.

my 2 cents:

Follow rndersafe's advice. Letting them know you have prior ROTC or other related military group knowledge sets you up for two basic things. Believe me, I know.

BTW, if you come in with a stripe or rank guarranteed for anything other than college credit, they are going to know you have ROTC or its equivelant. Unless of course, you dont tell your recruiter this, and you dont take this option. :D

1. They will expect more out of you, knowledge wise. If you dont really know your stuff, they are going to make an example out of you. areally not so good example.

2. They may make you a temporary squad leader. That means in addition to all your problems, now you get blamed for everyone in your groups mistakes.

again, taken from rndersafe: Best advice: Mouth closed, eyes and ears open.

Sorry, I forgot that he mentioned that to, my mistake. Take their advice, Mouth closed, eyes and ears open. Sorry, Sorry, Sorry.

get physically fit so you dont ****ing die in boot camp. the best way to survive bootcamp is to do what they tell you and do it quickly. you will be more respected as a marine and feel good about yourself.

get physically fit so you dont ****ing die in boot camp. the best way to survive bootcamp is to do what they tell you and do it quickly. you will be more respected as a marine and feel good about yourself.

Most Marines spell it with a capital M.

Back