Joining the Army

--

February 17th, 2005  
OutcastHuman

Topic: Joining the Army

Alright I took the ASVAB and I can pretty much be anything I want to. I have Armored Recon and Airborne Infantry Officer in mind but I cant decide which one so if you could please help me and tell me pros and cons for each that would be appreciated.
February 17th, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

Airborne Infantry Officer, I'm a navy man, but that's my second choice. And the men in the Airborne are the uncontested most well-trained front line troops.
February 17th, 2005  
Vitaly

Topic: Re: Joining the Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastHuman
Alright I took the ASVAB and I can pretty much be anything I want to. I have Armored Recon and Airborne Infantry Officer in mind but I cant decide which one so if you could please help me and tell me pros and cons for each that would be appreciated.
What did you end up getting on the ASVAB and how old were you when takin it?
--
February 17th, 2005  
Redneck

And Sea_Cadet has been banned for one day.
February 17th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Ouch!!!
February 17th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Ouch!!!
Life is hard..

This Announcement should explain why:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum...pic.php?t=7212

This part of the forum is pretty strickt (like it should be), people are expecting facts, not fiction in here.
February 17th, 2005  
OutcastHuman

I had 96th Percentile So they told me I can pretty much do anything I want and I just turned 16 and I took it 4 days ago on the 13th of Feb.
February 17th, 2005  
Charge 7

If you intend to be an officer straight away, start thinking college and ROTC, but if Cav Recon is what you want you can do that straight out of high school. You can serve a hitch enlisted and save up your money for college, then use the new GI Bill and with the money you've saved and go to college and ROTC that way. You can even use the rank you've achieved in the regulars in a National Guard unit and get even more benefits in the Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) while you're in college. After that you can go back into the regulars as an officer with alot of TIS already under your belt or continue on in the Guard. Those who are about to be commissioned fill out a "wish list" of the branches they would like. If you put down a combat arm as your first choice you will often get it - especially infantry - but there is no guarantee that you will. I asked for field artillery and that's what I got. My best friend at OCS asked for infantry and got ordanance instead. Another guy asked for field artillery and got infantry. You serve at the Army's pleasure.
February 18th, 2005  
Vitaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutcastHuman
I had 96th Percentile So they told me I can pretty much do anything I want and I just turned 16 and I took it 4 days ago on the 13th of Feb.
I took it a few months ago, just to see what I would get in a "practice" run, and got in the 95th percentile. I went and talked to a recruiter and they said the same thing as you (you can do anything you want). Now I'm waiting to be 17 and enlist. Hopefully inf.
February 18th, 2005  
OutcastHuman

Im also doing the split option enlistment I just cant decide what I want to do now.