JFK

chewie_nz said:
but by the same token there are many war sim games out there. i had relatives that fought in the pacific theatre but i don't get bent out of shape with the latest medal of honour game.

JFK reloaded was made to stimulate debate on the aniversary of the assasination, and what do you know? here we are debating it!

Does medal of honor fire at Ike? no it fires at Germans and no specific ones.

Here's a thought for you regarding JFK Reloaded.

The man still has family alive including a daughter and a brother and sisters. How would you feel if there was a game out that showed your dad or brother getting his brains blown out? Probably not too thrilled I should imagine. People need to think about that before they go making dumbass games that serve no purpose.

I totaly agree

i had relatives that fought in the pacific theatre but i don't get bent out of shape with the latest medal of honour game.

JFK was a public figure. i'm sure his family aren't too thirlled over the constant replays of his moment of death either. or the constant bickering over who actually killed him.

the "game" is just another form of discussion. they won't give away the prize money for this game because it is just so had to recreate those shots. play the game for your self and see.
therefore the makers of the games are saying that it wasn't a lone shooter situation.

i found it disturbing but educational

Oswald was a great shot, I have seen copies of his shooting marks, hitting 49 out of 50 shots from 200 yards many times, and he was only 88 yards away in the book depository building and the angle was from above so it wasn't really all that bad, plus we have evidence to support the lone shooter theory but only speculation to support a conspiracy. I used to believe the Oliver Stone version of history, but then I looked at the facts and realised how stupid it was, and I also saw Alexander and realised that Oliver Stone has no respect for history.

Damien435 said:
Oswald was a great shot, I have seen copies of his shooting marks, hitting 49 out of 50 shots from 200 yards many times, and he was only 88 yards away in the book depository building and the angle was from above so it wasn't really all that bad, plus we have evidence to support the lone shooter theory but only speculation to support a conspiracy. I used to believe the Oliver Stone version of history, but then I looked at the facts and realised how stupid it was, and I also saw Alexander and realised that Oliver Stone has no respect for history.

oh dude, don't tell me that alexander sucks?! damn. i always loved classics and had high hopes for that movie.

chewie_nz said:
Damien435 said:

oh dude, don't tell me that alexander sucks?! damn. i always loved classics and had high hopes for that movie.

Its an action movie creating myth not history

I was in the service when the President was killed and all of the missile sites were locked down and we couldn't leave. We were told only that JFK had been killed in Dallas but nothing more. When I was discharged, one of the first places I went was to the book depository. By that time, a lot of the area was being turned into a tourist attraction. I have gone back a few times when I had to go to Dallas for Jury duty or some such. Could a man with rifle skills have made those three shots? I could have and I think most people who have been shooting for a while could. The limo was a huge target, open, had a lot of people in it, and was driving at a slow speed. Oswald only had to put the crosshairs on the dark target against a bright, sunlit street. I fired expert with an M1 Garand at 500 yards. I think Oswald fired almost the same score when he was in the service.

Good to hear that from you Missileer. It certainly answers that question. I've been thinking for a very long time about my only other real question about Oswald that being why did he not fire when Kennedy was coming closer and closer to him from straight up the street but waited until he was passing by to the right and going away. I think I have three answers. The first and most likely to me is that he suspected Federal agent sniper teams would see his rifle if he used it head on. Waiting until he was further down the road gave him more time to fire before his rifle might have been seen. The second possibility is that Oswald was delayed in taking the shots. He might have met someone in the hall as he came in the building or it took time to get access to his rifle - something like that. The third and probably least likely possibility is that Oswald was contemplating his act. His conscience might have delayed his hand.

Charge 7, I think that a straight on shot was not possible because Governor Connally was sitting directly in front of the President. Also, the best shot in that area would be going away from the shooter because the limo was traveling in a straight line and there is not a clear shot until the car is either directly in front of the window or moving away. There are some cedar trees blocking most angles, at least there were back then.
Oswald was not the sharpest knife in the drawer and struck me as a person who acted on impulse rather than plan something as elaborate as the assassination seemed to be. He did miss the first shot and hit the overpass, I think he was nervous as an amateur would be. Also shooting a policeman in cold blood instead of planning a safe place to hole up nearby was not very smart. By the way, his Wife, Marina remarried and lives in Rockwall across Lake Ray Hubbard from my home.

P.S.- I don't think the guy was smart enough to have a conscience.

Missileer said:
Charge 7, I think that a straight on shot was not possible because Governor Connally was sitting directly in front of the President. Also, the best shot in that area would be going away from the shooter because the limo was traveling in a straight line and there is not a clear shot until the car is either directly in front of the window or moving away. There are some cedar trees blocking most angles, at least there were back then.
Oswald was not the sharpest knife in the drawer and struck me as a person who acted on impulse rather than plan something as elaborate as the assassination seemed to be. He did miss the first shot and hit the overpass, I think he was nervous as an amateur would be. Also shooting a policeman in cold blood instead of planning a safe place to hole up nearby was not very smart. By the way, his Wife, Marina remarried and lives in Rockwall across Lake Ray Hubbard from my home.

P.S.- I don't think the guy was smart enough to have a conscience.

The governor was actually shifted to the inside by 6 inches

That wouldn't be enough to take a chance at 90 or so yards. I think the back shot pretty well gave the shooter a cross hair view of the President. Also, Connally kept turning and talking to the President which made for an unsure target.

Here we are 42 years later and people are still debating who did what, etc.

Charge7 said:
The man still has family alive including a daughter and a brother and sisters. How would you feel if there was a game out that showed your dad or brother getting his brains blown out? Probably not too thrilled I should imagine. People need to think about that before they go making dumbass games that serve no purpose.
Charge7 hit the nail on the head with this comment. Why can't people show some respect.

I prefer to think in a different manner. Like the line from the movie "The Last Samurai" in which the Japanese Emporer asks "How did he die" and Tom Cruise's character replies: "Let me tell you how he lived." What always struck me as tragic is that JFK was on the verge of becoming a truly great president. Many of his programs were passed into law after his death. I have often thought of "what could have been" and wondered why did this have to happen.

Tom Tom....
people can still make fortune from books and films with wilder and wilder claims, and while they can do still do this it will go on.. With out being rude this whole episode has taken on a life of it's own

We onced lived on the same block as Oswald's rooming house Oak Cliff. When we first moved there the little key shop was still there where he stopped at in route to where he shot the policeman. And the car salesman who ran out and saw him right after he did it still worked at the used car lot on Jefferson.

I think one reason he may have waited until the limo was moving away from him to take the shots is detection. Not only would Kennedy have been facing him, all of the secret servicemen and policemen in the motorcade also would have been facing him.

Also, the shot may have been obstructed by wires and lights over that intersection.

I've stood at the window next to the perch, and it simply was not a difficult shot. A kid with one full year of deer hunting under his belt couuld have done it. I hit my first deer with one shot - right through the heart. It was about 100 yards - no scope - 1903 Springfield. I was 13 years old. I started hunting small game when I was 6.

My Aunt lives in southerm side of Irving and was a personal friend of the Paynes. Marina Oswald was living with Mrs. Payne at that time. She never met Marina Oswald.

My neighbor was a resident at Parkland Hospital when it happened. He knew all of the Docs who were involved. Lots of interesting stories from him.

Never really ever any doubt in my mind that Oswald acted alone.

TomTom wrote:
I prefer to think in a different manner. Like the line from the movie "The Last Samurai" in which the Japanese Emporer asks "How did he die" and Tom Cruise's character replies: "Let me tell you how he lived." What always struck me as tragic is that JFK was on the verge of becoming a truly great president. Many of his programs were passed into law after his death. I have often thought of "what could have been" and wondered why did this have to happen.

:bravo:

Back