JFK - Page 4

--

December 29th, 2004  
Missileer

That wouldn't be enough to take a chance at 90 or so yards. I think the back shot pretty well gave the shooter a cross hair view of the President. Also, Connally kept turning and talking to the President which made for an unsure target.
December 29th, 2004  
dougal

wow I go for a few days and this fills up out of no where.

November 22nd, 2005  
tomtom22

Here we are 42 years later and people are still debating who did what, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge7
The man still has family alive including a daughter and a brother and sisters. How would you feel if there was a game out that showed your dad or brother getting his brains blown out? Probably not too thrilled I should imagine. People need to think about that before they go making dumbass games that serve no purpose.
Charge7 hit the nail on the head with this comment. Why can't people show some respect.

I prefer to think in a different manner. Like the line from the movie "The Last Samurai" in which the Japanese Emporer asks "How did he die" and Tom Cruise's character replies: "Let me tell you how he lived." What always struck me as tragic is that JFK was on the verge of becoming a truly great president. Many of his programs were passed into law after his death. I have often thought of "what could have been" and wondered why did this have to happen.
--
November 22nd, 2005  
LeEnfield

Tom Tom....
people can still make fortune from books and films with wilder and wilder claims, and while they can do still do this it will go on.. With out being rude this whole episode has taken on a life of it's own
December 4th, 2005  
Zucchini

We onced lived on the same block as Oswald's rooming house Oak Cliff. When we first moved there the little key shop was still there where he stopped at in route to where he shot the policeman. And the car salesman who ran out and saw him right after he did it still worked at the used car lot on Jefferson.

I think one reason he may have waited until the limo was moving away from him to take the shots is detection. Not only would Kennedy have been facing him, all of the secret servicemen and policemen in the motorcade also would have been facing him.

Also, the shot may have been obstructed by wires and lights over that intersection.

I've stood at the window next to the perch, and it simply was not a difficult shot. A kid with one full year of deer hunting under his belt couuld have done it. I hit my first deer with one shot - right through the heart. It was about 100 yards - no scope - 1903 Springfield. I was 13 years old. I started hunting small game when I was 6.

My Aunt lives in southerm side of Irving and was a personal friend of the Paynes. Marina Oswald was living with Mrs. Payne at that time. She never met Marina Oswald.

My neighbor was a resident at Parkland Hospital when it happened. He knew all of the Docs who were involved. Lots of interesting stories from him.

Never really ever any doubt in my mind that Oswald acted alone.
December 4th, 2005  
phoenix80

yeah... JFK movie is right now on History Channel!
January 8th, 2006  
Padre

TomTom wrote:
I prefer to think in a different manner. Like the line from the movie "The Last Samurai" in which the Japanese Emporer asks "How did he die" and Tom Cruise's character replies: "Let me tell you how he lived." What always struck me as tragic is that JFK was on the verge of becoming a truly great president. Many of his programs were passed into law after his death. I have often thought of "what could have been" and wondered why did this have to happen.